drum trigger sequencer chain

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
theWholeSandwich

drum trigger sequencer chain

Post by theWholeSandwich »

these were perfectly in sync and then I don't know what happened. if somebody gets time, please check it out
Attachments
new sheit Standalone.voltagepreset
(346.11 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
utdgrant

Re: drum trigger sequencer chain

Post by utdgrant »

I'm not sure that you want to use the CLK OUT from DTS #1 to drive the CLOCK IN of DTS #2. The User Guide doesn't give you enough detail to determine if an external clock gets passed through from one jack to the other. A quick experiment with Multi-Oscilloscope suggests that it does, but it's not documented anywhere.
DrumTrigSeqOriginal.jpg
DrumTrigSeqOriginal.jpg (325.24 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Also, DTS #2 isn't processing the Start, Stop and Reset pulses from the Buttons, so if you start and stop the song playback, they'll get out of sync with each other.

For the sake of clarity, I'd make sure that the inputs for both DTS #1 and #2 are driven by the same common sources in all cases, rather than chaining the signals from one to the other. That means Sync Divider Clock Out signal, plus all the Start, Stop and Reset buttons.
DrumTrigSeqCommonInputs.jpg
DrumTrigSeqCommonInputs.jpg (338.7 KiB) Viewed 1016 times

Post by Steve W »

utdgrant wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 am I'm not sure that you want to use the CLK OUT from DTS #1 to drive the CLOCK IN of DTS #2. The User Guide doesn't give you enough detail to determine if an external clock gets passed through from one jack to the other. A quick experiment with Multi-Oscilloscope suggests that it does, but it's not documented anywhere.
Good question. So I took Sync Out to Sync Divider and then daisy chained three Drum Trigger Sequencers. Using Adroit's CV Watcher* I monitored the divided sync pulses at the various clock outputs along the chain. I wildly played with the Sync Divider's slider and a reset button to see if those would knock the chained sync pulses out of whack. So far as I can see based on this basic test, there was no lag introduced anywhere along the chain.

Thanks for suggesting such a test.

*not free but like it and have gotten my money's worth out of it many times over
theWholeSandwich

Thanks so much. May have just been a glitch. Q: is it possible to chain the sequencers together consecutively to achieve 200 steps?
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

theWholeSandwich wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 am Q: is it possible to chain the sequencers together consecutively to achieve 200 steps?
Maybe you will find the 280 Bar Sequence instructive. viewtopic.php?p=3118&hilit=280+bar+sequence#p3118
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

theWholeSandwich wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 am Q: is it possible to chain the sequencers together consecutively to achieve 200 steps?
Have you considered using the Mighty Piano Roll to record and playback 200 steps? It might be a more straightforward solution, rather than chained step sequencers.

The user guide is here.

you guys rule

Return to “Voltage Modular”