Beta Testers

ColinP

Re: Beta Testers

Post by ColinP »

Guilty as charged.

But in my defence I had already designed much of my system before I realised that CA cut the wires behind the panel, I just assumed that the existence of GetNumberOfPolyVoices() meant that polyphonic modules used this info to control voice allocation.

Which presumably they do anyway as I can't see any polyphonic module determining what the number of voices setting is by trying to figure it out by constantly inspecting poly channels to see if they are returning any data (or blindly sending note data out in the hope they work).

So it was either abandon several months work or come up with a work around.

I would absolutely love to drop S-Poly by the way. It's a serious pain having incompatibility.

I'm trying to envisage how not cutting the wires would cause any problems for existing modules. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

This is a bit tangential to the OP's question, but...

Does anyone know if a developer's beta testers get the released versions of their modules for free (once they hit the store)?

My only published module so far is "free for all" but I have some (likely) non-free items coming soon, thanks in no small part to my BTs.

I'd like them to get the finished modules for free, and am wondering if there's a mechanism for that built into the store, or if others have suggestions on how best to make that happen.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I wondered that, as well.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

terrymcg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:45 pm Does anyone know if a developer's beta testers get the released versions of their modules for free (once they hit the store)?
I am not a module developer, but I am guessing it is up to the module maker to set it up so Beta Testers get them. It sounds like a good idea.
Last edited by Steve W on Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

It's not clear how you would do that, but maybe I need to go search the Dashboard again.

Reid
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

terrymcg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:45 pm Does anyone know if a developer's beta testers get the released versions of their modules for free (once they hit the store)?
To the best of my knowledge, that isn't possible. I wish there was a system like Bandcamp, where a developer could generate free codes which can be redeemed in the store.

Post by ColinP »

Unless things have changed since I released LSSP all you need to do is email CA support and request gifting to your beta testers. CA need their email addresses from you as they do it manually but you already have that info in the team part of your dashboard. It would be nice if it was automated but CA acted almost immediately when I made the request so it wasn't a big deal.

By the way on releasing a module the beta version automatically disappears so you need to perhaps set this up slightly before hand or at latest on the day of release so as not to leave your testers without access.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Good to know. Thanks, Colin.

Reid
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Thanks, Colin. Much appreciated.

Post by terrymcg »

Thanks Colin, that's exactly the info I was looking for!

Cheers,
--
Terry McG

Return to “Module Designer”