Beta Testers

UrbanCyborg

Beta Testers

Post by UrbanCyborg »

How does one go about getting beta testers? Advertise on the forum? Or is there a mechanism?

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
utdgrant

Re: Beta Testers

Post by utdgrant »

Go to your dashboard on Nebula and select the Team page.

Click the 'Invite' button and enter the email address of the person you want as a Beta-Tester.
InviteBetaTesters.jpg
InviteBetaTesters.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

Post by utdgrant »

(Of course, you have to arrange with them beforehand to check if they want to BE a beta tester! - That may have been your original question.)

Advertising on the forum would be a good way to drum up interest if you don't have anyone specific in mind.

Post by UrbanCyborg »

That is, in fact, what I meant. I didn't know if CA kept a registry of people who like to beta, or something like that. Guess we just have to find them on our own. Thanks.

Reid
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:45 pm I didn't know if CA kept a registry of people who like to beta.
A multi-oscillator, poly voice,
I wanna beta tester!
A vintage echo chamber and some old-skool noise,
I wanna beta tester!

Kids want a phaser, don't need a gate,
I wanna beta tester!
We're all gonna sync to the clock that I make,
I wanna beta tester!

A tesssssssssssssssssster!
A tesssssssssssssssssster!

Film of CA's secret Beta Registry.

Post by UrbanCyborg »

So the Snark is a Boojum, I see.... :D
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Putting myself at risk of appearing to be a Jubjub, or worse still a Jabberwock, I would advise that you reveal a little about what your modules do. That way you may entice more brave folk to venture toward your vorpal blade.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Maybe here I should just fade softly and silently away.... :D

The thirteen modules are a grab-bag mixture, representing my learning curve in both VM and Java. Two gates, a poly switch, a poly meter, a poly effects send, a Drunkard's Walk-based poly signal re-router, basic poly/mono breakouts, an oddball that redefines Boolean truth levels (so far, just for my modules, but I describe the signal pinout, so anyone could use it. Lessee...a poly voltage source, a poly spreader that's both a source and a modulator, a poly scaler, and, since, why not, because everyone's got one, a notepad. There's a pretty heavy emphasis on "poly," possibly used in a way I don't see too often in other modules, which is to treat a poly input or output as though it were sixteen separate signals. So, for instance, when I say Poly Permuter, I don't mean that it permutes multiple poly jacks around, but that it permutes the sixteen signals in a single poly input/output.

I've got a To Do list that's about as many modules long, but they tend to be more sophisticated things than I've done so far, and will take longer to bring to completion. Some stochastic stuff, some chaotic (the algorithm, not my workflow, which isn't quite so much of a Markov process...I think), certainly more audio DSP sorts of stuff. Anyway, maybe that will help.

Reid
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Sounds like a mouth-watering menu Reid. I'll possibly be one of your first customers.

Pity there's still no sign of CA changing their decision to cripple poly connections though.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I have to wonder whether their stance on poly jacks might be from a desire to prevent people from writing meta-systems that lie on top of the existing architecture...oh, wait, you've already done that, haven't you.... ;)

Or it could just be an unwillingness to complicate life for themselves with something that isn't really on their planned development path.

Reid

Return to “Module Designer”