Where is the preset folder?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
dreikelvin

Where is the preset folder?

Post by dreikelvin »

Been transitioning to a new computer these last few weeks and I can't for the life of me find the information I need to copy all the presets from my old computer to the new machine. I'm on Mac. What is the path to the presets? I've looked everywhere...

/Users/[username]/Library/Audio/Presets
/Users/[username]/Documents/Voltage Modular

These are usually where I go and look but not every audio developer chooses to save their user presets on a standard path like that.

Where is the folder?
dreikelvin

Re: Where is the preset folder?

Post by dreikelvin »

Found:

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Voltage/Presets/
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Assuming a Windows machine, and that your main drive is C:, then:

Code: Select all

c:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets
where Your_User_Name is, obviously, your user name. Depending on how your system access settings are set, you may have trouble navigating to this location, because Micro$, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't want you poking around there. However, you can always just type that path into an Explorer path bar, and it will show you what it wasn't willing to let you just navigate to.

Assuming you found it, there are several items in the Presets directory. If you're interested in presets that may have changed since installation, you want User Presets.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
dreikelvin

Post by dreikelvin »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:06 pm Assuming a Windows machine, and that your main drive is C:, then:

Code: Select all

c:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets
where Your_User_Name is, obviously, your user name. Depending on how your system access settings are set, you may have trouble navigating to this location, because Micro$, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't want you poking around there. However, you can always just type that path into an Explorer path bar, and it will show you what it wasn't willing to let you just navigate to.

Assuming you found it, there are several items in the Presets directory. If you're interested in presets that may have changed since installation, you want User Presets.
Perfect! Now we have a thread for Windows AND Mac users to find the path to their patches. Thank you! :mrgreen:
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Wups, my bad. I didn't notice that Mac was specified. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.... :oops:
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Voltage Modular”