Another bundle for geetar players, plus new fuzz and overdrive modules

Waverley Instruments

Another bundle for geetar players, plus new fuzz and overdrive modules

Post by Waverley Instruments »

Howdy Folks! Just a quick note to say the GUITAR GIG BAG PLUS bundle for Voltage Modular is now available and includes our two brand new fuzz and overdrive effects, FUZZBOMB and CLIPDRIVER. Available to try or buy:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/g ... g-bag-plus

FUZZBOMB: https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/fuzzbomb
CLIPDRIVER: https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/clipdriver
ravasb

Re: Another bundle for geetar players, plus new fuzz and overdrive modules

Post by ravasb »

These sound good and the price is right, but what would make them fun for me is some kind of cv input to create things like strange wahs. I have a bunch of vst effects, but having these in a modular environment that would take advantage of the modulation possibilities would be great.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

ravasb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:29 pm These sound good and the price is right, but what would make them fun for me is some kind of cv input to create things like strange wahs. I have a bunch of vst effects, but having these in a modular environment that would take advantage of the modulation possibilities would be great.
Remote Control to the rescue. It gives you CV access to almost any parameter in a patch. It's one of my most-used modules.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 12.19.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 12.19.30 PM.png (384.86 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
Waverley Instruments

There aren't any plans to add CV control to the current modules at the moment, but that's not to say there aren't plans to do future modules with CV control.

Many thanks to huggermugger for the suggestion to use REMOTE CONTROL!
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

Remote control is definitely an option, but I am admittedly super lazy, so I tend to prefer adding cv right to the module. Not a deal breaker, but I tend to gravitate to modules with those inputs.
woau

Post by woau »

I agree adding the remote module is another extra step. Great modules though Waverley
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Admittedly, right clicking and choosing Remote Control from the Favourites is time-consuming and generally leaves me exhausted and in need of a coffee. Then there's the actual patching of it, which by now has given me carpal tunnel syndrome. Plus it hurts my head to have to click on the correct green are to link Remote Control to a parameter. I've gone thru bottles of Tylenol to ease the pain. :lol:
Waverley Instruments

I think RemoteControl is a great example of how the virtual world of Voltage Modular is even more powerful than the physical modular world its based on.

Another way of thinking about it, is that RemoteControl removes the design challenge that exists in the physical domain, i.e. every single parameter needs to have a CV jack whether or not you want / need it. Guitar players for example, will probably not want or need it, but as and when they do...

RemoteControl to the rescue! :)

All this to say, we're not anti-CV-jack :) We're just taking our time with forthcoming design ideas that embrace that element of control, instead of having a CV jack next to everything, although I guess that would please some folks.
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

huggermugger wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:53 pm Admittedly, right clicking and choosing Remote Control from the Favourites is time-consuming and generally leaves me exhausted and in need of a coffee. Then there's the actual patching of it, which by now has given me carpal tunnel syndrome. Plus it hurts my head to have to click on the correct green are to link Remote Control to a parameter. I've gone thru bottles of Tylenol to ease the pain. :lol:
Snark, though, is effortless.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Unless the Snark is a Boojum, you see.... :D
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Waverley Instruments”