Where to find perks for Licensed Devs

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
UrbanCyborg

Where to find perks for Licensed Devs

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I'm unsure whether this is the correct place to post this, but y'all can let me know if it isn't. I've been unable to find some things that I believe I should be able to find, as a licensed developer. For instance, I can find no link to any manufacturer's page, let alone one for myself. Likewise, I've been told there's a location (in the Dashboard, I presumed) where beta-testers can be requested. I can find none of this on my Dash, nor anywhere else. I'm wondering whether my account is correctly registered. There was some problem getting it to show up at first, but that appeared to have been fixed. Now I'm not so sure everything was fixed. Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Where to find perks for Licensed Devs

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Assuming you purchased a commercial manufacturer license, did you create your commercial developer account and complete the information?

If that suggestion doesn't help, please contact support directly and give them some specific details, like which email address you're using and what you've tried: https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

You should have two accounts in the drop-down on the top left: your personal (free) manufacturer account and your (licensed) commercial manufacturer account.

Clicking on the 'Team' menu allows you to invite Beta testers using the 'Invite' button at the top-right. They will then have to respond to an email from the CA servers to enroll as Beta testers.
DeveloperDashboard.png
DeveloperDashboard.png (45.04 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Thanks, Grant. I do have both personal and commercial accounts listed, but all the other items don't appear on mine. Looks like there's something wrong with the setup. I'll post to Support.

Reid
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Hi,
sorry for appending my question here.
I'm registered as licensed manufacturer and have got only one account.
Is there a further difference between private and commercial licensed manufacturer?

On my nebula page I can see same as shown before, but no account selection field.

Could anybody explain this, please?

Roland
20220725_nebula_team_window.jpg
20220725_nebula_team_window.jpg (38.23 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi Roland,

I think accounts are directly related to email addresses so if you only use one email address (as I do) then everything appears to be under one account.

Presumably Grant is using two different email addresses so has a drop down menu top left while we don't.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

ColinP wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:26 pm Presumably Grant is using two different email addresses so has a drop down menu top left while we don't.
Indeed. I started playing around with VMD using my personal CA account login name. Once I decided to make my modules available, I thought it made more sense to have a separate 'Manufacturer' name (and e-mail address). Simple as that.

Post by seal58 »

Now it's clear: I kept my email address after I've got VMD license, so there's only one account for me.
Thank you. :)

Roland
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I kept the same e-mail and have both a developer account and a personal account in the Dashboard, selectable via a drop-down box.
Dashboard _ Cherry Audio Store and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 7_26_2022 2_41_02 AM.png
Dashboard _ Cherry Audio Store and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 7_26_2022 2_41_02 AM.png (114.75 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Reid

Return to “Voltage Modular”