Owned Data Not Maintained in Bundles

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
UrbanCyborg

Owned Data Not Maintained in Bundles

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I was just running through the bundles in the store, and discovered that a lot of stuff I own still shows up as for sale. As an example, there are several bundles from both Benard and PSP that show as unowned, but I have the PSP Ultimate Collection, and all three years of Benard. The only things that would be legitimately unowned are some of the modules in Benard's Mini bundle, which are apparently not in the three years bundles. Is this just a matter of those vendors not setting all their parameters correctly, or is it a bug in the site software? There are other vendors for whom this problem manifests, but the two should serve as illustration. Thanks.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Owned Data Not Maintained in Bundles

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

HI,

If you already own them and try to buy them, the price should be zero, if it doesn't show as owned.

What are one or two specific examples?

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Benard's Random Walks Bundle should show as owned, but it doesn't. Likewise the PSP nitroModular Collection. Both show with prices, and those prices stick if I add them to my cart. I'm not going to actually try and buy them; I might succeed. :o

The problem is that selecting the option to not show owned merchandise doesn't work correctly, making shopping like traversing a minefield. Lots more work determining which items I might already have, since I've got a heap of them.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I have seen this in other online stores: Parts of products "owned" in bundles do not show up as "owned" when listed as individual products and lesser bundles. On at least one other site, it is possible for individual user accounts to "own" multiple license for products. Not sure if that's possible with CA products.

Here, it might have something to do with how the vendor's products are set up. For example, with Andrew Macaulay's Ultimate Bundle, I see "Owned" for all of his included bundles. But with the PSP Ultimate Modular Bundle, the various Collections and Demos have "Add to Library" but the PSP PolyADSR Bundle says "Owned."
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

The account shows that the items in those bundles are owned. So things like PSP nitroSVF and Poly Random Walks aren't in demo mode. Or are they?

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

If you mean the ones I own, then no, they're not demos. I'd expect bundles that are actually demos to say so.

Reid
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

I was just trying to verify that it's showing the items in the Benard's Random Walks Bundle and the PSP nitroModular Collection are showing up as "owned." So the problem is just the smaller bundles showing a price.

Thanks for that additional information, I pass it along.

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Ah. The modules show up as owned if I look them up individually, but the sub-Bundles they're part of do not show as owned, even though I own every module in them.
OlivesFree

Post by OlivesFree »

As you mentioned, it could be a matter of the vendors not configuring their bundles correctly on the site. If they haven't properly linked their individual products to the bundles, it might result in the bundles not recognizing that you own some of the included items. Sometimes, there can be a delay in syncing your account's ownership status with the site's database. This can happen if you recently purchased or acquired certain products, and it might take some time for the site to update your ownership status for those products within bundles.

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”