Disk space and performance

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Steve W

Re: Disk space and performance

Post by Steve W »

TheGarnet wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:21 am Thanks a bunch for your hints. I am an old school programmer since before the days of DOS, and wrote my share of DLLs, but I am very new to modular and especially VM. It was funny to see a reference to my old friend the DLL! Directly referencing DLLs, what a way to create something that is not cross platform compatible!
Glad to help. "Old school programmer" and "before the days of DOS" reminds me of my college programming classes (early 1970s). Your being "very new to modular" stuck me as funny. At the same time I was taking programming classes, I was very active with my school's Moog. In fact, after noticing in the schematics that all of the modules were connected with edge connectors. I wondered and started to investigate the possibility to control the Moog with a computer. Unfortunately, there was no one around back then to help. One arrogant know-it-all-professor even used the phrase "What a waste of a computer!"

So, naturally, when I came across Voltage Modular two years ago, it was a magical moment for me.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

TheGarnet wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:14 pm Why is this patch failing to load this plugin? c:\program files\TyrellN6(x64).dll
By the way, I just tried the Occidental Destruction patch and I also get a pop-up warning. I think its a handy warning.
Tyrrell-warning.png
Tyrrell-warning.png (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
TheGarnet

Post by TheGarnet »

Steve W wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:35 pm I was very active with my school's Moog.
So, naturally, when I came across Voltage Modular two years ago, it was a magical moment for me.
Sadly, no one back at that time exposed to me to Moog. I did somehow read or hear about voltage controlled oscillators, as part of building oscillators from the three transistors in a Radio Shack 100-in-1 electronics kit. A few years later in high school I
TheGarnet

Post by TheGarnet »

Steve W wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:35 pm I was very active with my school's Moog.
Sadly, no one back at that time exposed to me to Moog. I did somehow read or hear about voltage controlled oscillators, as part of building oscillators from the three transistors in a Radio Shack 100-in-1 electronics kit.

A few years later in high school, I encountered the Radio Shack ConcertMate MG-1, made by moog.

Yes, I too have really been enjoying a lot of magical moments with Voltage Modular.

But it keeps making me want to go back and play with those transistors again! :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”