Chaining Super LFOs

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Thimras

Chaining Super LFOs

Post by Thimras »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to modular synthesis, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've been trying to find out if there is a way to create complex "waveshapes" the way that you can draw them in modern digital synths (e.g. Vital) by using the LFOs and envelope generators in VM. But I don't seem to be able to do it with a single Super LFO because it only shows/shapes one cycle. Is there a way to chain them or use another module I don't know about that would do that?

Cheers
ColinP

Re: Chaining Super LFOs

Post by ColinP »

I sometimes use this technique...

It's just a ring of AHR Generators triggering one after another with their outputs added together using a mixer.
envRing.png
envRing.png (483.39 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

For complex rhythmic CV signals you can use Subsequence, included in the Performer Bundle.

See demo videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XwLpulO1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI-z7hH2Vqg
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

CV Canvas lets you draw your own (and save them too).

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/jks-cv-canvas
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 8.43.02 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 8.43.02 AM.jpg (305.15 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

JK's CV Canvas is the first VM module that came to mind as a suggestion. Definitely worth looking into if you want to manually draw your own waves. I'd recommend it! I like Colin's method for chaining his modules, too. And I have found his CV watcher useful for a number of things.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I forgot about JK's Canvas. That is probably the best module for this application.

Does anyone know if Jeremy is still developing VM stuff? I've not heard anything from him in ages. Hope he hasn't gone over to the Dark Side...
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Steve W wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm JK's CV Canvas is the first VM module that came to mind as a suggestion. Definitely worth looking into if you want to manually draw your own waves. I'd recommend it! I like Colin's method for chaining his modules, too. And I have found his CV watcher useful for a number of things.
CV Watcher is a must-have for me.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I was wondering about Jeremy, too. I don't remember when I last saw any activity.
Thimras

Post by Thimras »

Ah, yeah, the Canvas looks exactly right! And I'll have to try the chaining method, thank you :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”