Note priority switch needed

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
marzzz

Re: Note priority switch needed

Post by marzzz »

Kinda ironic to rule out Minimode because it properly emulates the low note priority of the OG Minimoog D, but then again the Reissue gives you the choice of low/last/high note priority. Since I cut my teeth on the OG, personally anything other than low seems weird to me. But to each their own…
hexfix93

Post by hexfix93 »

i would like to see note priority switch for all modes, and a retrigger of the envs..... a switch....
dco_disco

Post by dco_disco »

Added the Minimode(Miniverse) and the Lowdown to my collection of
Cherry Audio synths a few days ago and immediately was disturbed by the "note priority" problem, with both synths.

Holding for example a low C a higher note are not sounding when pressed, still a lower note can be played and released
which makes the holding low C sound again. Likewise when using the piano roll,
a long low note sounds and short notes above don't sound at all. I guess, now, this is what is called "low note priority".

Thought it was some bug and would be fixed soon. Tried to update, no updates,
problem persist. Now I see I'm not alone.

Never seen this lack of feature anytime before, please fix, add, "high note priority" in both Miniverse and Lowdown!

And, who needs "low note priority" in the first place?
peteardron

Post by peteardron »

Last note priority please (he says before going away to reprogram his bassline)
SpaceDog

Post by SpaceDog »

dco_disco wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:01 pm
[...]

And, who needs "low note priority" in the first place?
Errrrr, me. My whole soloing style is based upon it for a lot of tracks that I record, mainly because I'm copying a technique that was used by those using the original MiniMoog :)
complexprocess

Post by complexprocess »

Adding a vote for a Note Priority setting, if you're taking votes. :D

You could hide it in a menu if you want to keep the default mode realistic to the original, or tuck it over by the Number of Voices switch. Like others, I've never played an original Model D and while I can appreciate that performances with Last or High note priority wouldn't sound fully authentic, I'd love to have the choice to use the great sound of the Model D but incorporate my own performance style.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Another vote for last note priority in mono please. I would love to buy this synth but low note priority feels so weird when every other synth I have has last note priority as default in mono. Hopefully this is something you'll consider, although the lack of response so far indicates otherwise.
ukm

Post by ukm »

Last note priority is a must.
I have a Moog Voyager here. It is not an original Model D but if it had such a behavior with note priority I had sent it back years ago.
ggfunk

Post by ggfunk »

Totally agree. Love the sound, but I'm so used to last note priority that it ends up "collecting dust" vs. other emulations because low note priority takes me out of flow. The weird thing is why add polyphony but not this? I'm totally fine with it being a monosynth, and that feels like a much greater departure.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

This article provides a great overview of note priority schemes in monosynths.

Sound on Sound Synth Secrets - Priorities and Triggers

A related article also concentrates on trigger vs gate signals:

Synth Secrets - Envelopes, Triggers & Gates

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”