Note priority switch needed

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
Ian Craig

Note priority switch needed

Post by Ian Craig »

Please add a note priority switch so I can switch it to low note priority otherwise I can't justify the cost. I need money more than I need another synth. Thanks for your attention.
CORRECTION - I meant it needs a high note priority option
Last edited by Ian Craig on Tue May 03, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
soulstar

Re: Note priority switch needed

Post by soulstar »

+1
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Minimode already operates with low-note priority, same as the original Model D. And playing legato doesn't retrigger - again, same as the original.

Could you elaborate on what the issue is for you?

Post by Ian Craig »

You are right, I meant a High note Priority switch is needed. i.e. if I hold a note with the thumb of my right hand and play fast with the fingers of my right hand nothing happens (I learned to play like that on a Korg MS-10 nearly forty years ago). It always sounds like what Rick Wakeman used to do, though I don't know how if he was doing it on a mini-moog, which he clearly was. There needs to be a choice there, as seems to be the case on various other Mini-moog semi clones, like GForce's Minimonsta or Arturia's Mini V (I think they both have options, though I haven't checked lately, but I have both, along with the Mini-vogue, though it provides no choice in the matter to the best of my memory). It's okay though, I think I need my money more at this point of debt than Cherry Audio do.
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Here's how it works now:

Number of Voices- Sets the overall number of polyphonic notes that can be played simultaneously. When set to the 1 position, Minimode behaves exactly like the original instrument - it will only play one note at a time, and the lowest currently held note will always have priority. At any of the other poly settings, Minimode will play with last-note priority, that is, the most recently played note always takes priority, and notes will be "stolen" if the current Number of Voices setting is exceeded.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Elettrofonico

Post by Elettrofonico »

The note priority is a matter of habit, most virtual synths have last note priority, in Minimode (which sounds astonising) we have the original Minimoog mode.
I confess that in Minimode I would like to have the possibility to choose the note priority mode because I am used to playing with last priority mode, but with the same criterion we could propose to Cherry Audio to insert other "benefits" such as delay effects, modulations, equalizers, different oscillators etc.
Cherry Audio has already put polyphony, which I see as a great gift ... perhaps adding with a switch the possibility of choosing the note priority, even in the context of the tribute to Bob Moog would not represent a great betrayal of the original idea of the Model D, just an aid to a more common fingering.
MGbert

Post by MGbert »

There were two fairly popular modifications folks made in the day on their Mini-Moogs: High/Low/Last note priority, and a multi-trigger which would trigger each note even when playing legato. Access to both of these on MiniMode would be awesome, and not do any damage to the mystique of the original Model D, since folks really wanted these playability modifications as after market mods. Just sayin'... ;)
SpaceDog

Post by SpaceDog »

Whilst creating a MIDI processing patch in VM, I spotted that the Minimode suddenly became "last note priorty" in monophonic mode. Now, this was quite irritating as it totally messed with my soloing style. I worked how to make it leave my Minimode in "low note priority". If it's of interest, here it is with the actual processing stripped out.

Just place VM, with this patch as the first in your chain and Minimode will miraculously become "last note priorty" in monophonic mode. By examining the MIDI data, I was able to work out what it was doing (and hence fix it for me). This is just taking in MIDI, splitting it out into mono CVs, then recreating the MIDI again and feeding it through.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-08 184423.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-08 184423.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

What an awesome hack by SpaceDog! I love the VM community! :)
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

SpaceDog wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:46 pm Whilst creating a MIDI processing patch in VM, I spotted that the Minimode suddenly became "last note priorty" in monophonic mode....
This should read "polyphonic mode," not monophonic, correct?

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”