I composed a sonk on the Surrealistic

Surrealistic MG-1 Plus is a loving recreation of the Realistic MG-1, an oddball synthesizer sold by the 1980's consumer electronics giant Radio Shack.
Rahodees

I composed a sonk on the Surrealistic

Post by Rahodees »

https://soundcloud.com/kris-rhodes-8525 ... al_sharing

I hope it is enjoyable, and I'm interested in hearing about any responses. I have little experience with synths and daws and such so responses that are advice are more than welcome.
UrbanCyborg

Re: I composed a sonk on the Surrealistic

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Pretty enjoyable, but you need to track down the source of those pops and sputters and kill them.

I'd say you can't really class something as a toy if you can get good results from it, and you have.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Rahodees

Post by Rahodees »

The pops and sputters are part of the song, I know it may not be to everyone's taste...

Appreciate the kind words!
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Rahodees wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:08 pm The pops and sputters are part of the song, I know it may not be to everyone's taste...
I can confirm that, these noises are not my taste neither. But the song itself is interesting with it's non common structure.
After that another song of you "A Behemothaur Approaches" was played. That's really my taste. Well done!
Rahodees

Post by Rahodees »

Behemouthaur is an incredible song, and is very much not mine, sorry! It's on some guy named Silverpant's account.

As to the crackles, I've actually just changed it to slowly modulate over the course of the song into bubbly water droppy sounds, plus added reverb. I think it's better, glad you guys brought it up.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Yeah! "Bubbly water" was my yesterday idea too. Perhaps ocean wave noise also could illustrate song content.

Return to “Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer”