Sonic V+ velocity question

huggermugger

Sonic V+ velocity question

Post by huggermugger »

I'm liking this synth a lot. It's quirky and a little unpredictable.

Velocity seems to be hardwired to output volume. It'd be nice to be able to shut this off. With the Remote Control module, velocity can be mapped to one or more parameters anyways, with an amount control too. If velocity is hardwired to amplitude, then velocity control of other parameters is less useful because the volume will always be changing, whether we want it or not.

Is there room for an on/off switch for Vel Ctrl on the amplifier?
Nrgzr78

Re: Sonic V+ velocity question

Post by Nrgzr78 »

huggermugger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:20 pm I'm liking this synth a lot. It's quirky and a little unpredictable.

Velocity seems to be hardwired to output volume. It'd be nice to be able to shut this off. With the Remote Control module, velocity can be mapped to one or more parameters anyways, with an amount control too. If velocity is hardwired to amplitude, then velocity control of other parameters is less useful because the volume will always be changing, whether we want it or not.

I'm glad you enjoy it, I can manage to add that feature as soon I get home. ;)
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

huggermugger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:20 pm I'm liking this synth a lot. It's quirky and a little unpredictable.

The update has been approved and released, the switch is just below the MIDI jack.
Give it a try and tell me if it works please. 8-)
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Nrgzr78 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:56 pm

The update has been approved and released, the switch is just below the MIDI jack.
Thanks for the quick response. However, my trial has ended, and I've decided not to buy the synth. I found that there was excessive aliasing (a nasty swirling sound) when I played notes above about C4. I adjusted gain settings to rule out clipping, but I couldn't clean up the sound.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

huggermugger wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response. However, my trial has ended, and I've decided not to buy the synth. I found that there was excessive aliasing (a nasty swirling sound) when I played notes above about C4. I adjusted gain settings to rule out clipping, but I couldn't clean up the sound.
I realized that too, but I needed a little more time to fix it and I just sent the update to Cherry Audio for approval... ;)
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

New aliasing update approved by Cherry Audio and just released. ;)
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Nrgzr78 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm

This is exciting!!! My Trial ran out, so I can't test it. :(
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

huggermugger wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 pm
Nrgzr78 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm

This is exciting!!! My Trial ran out, so I can't test it. :(
Try asking one of your friends to test it for you... :)
SpaceDog

Post by SpaceDog »

Poking my head in with an opinion. I would recommend a longer demo period.

I've demo'ed a few of your modules and the time consistently runs out before I've got to grips with the module(s) in my context. Sadly, that makes the decision for me as I've not had the opprtunity to allow the module to make it for me. It happens with some others as well, btw.

Personally, I don't want to spend my time having to work on understanding a module to the detriment of making music. So, I do try to demo within the context of how I'm using VM - I'm likely no different to anyone else. Short demo periods don't make me want to buy a module when the time expires, it generally has the opposite effect. Any projects where I was using it as a test bed get redesigned. With a longer demo period, I'm more likely to feel the need for it within the project - or not, to be fair.

I'm sure that I've passed on a lot of modules that would have found their way into my thinking, but I'll never know. As a plea to all developers, think about how long it might take someone to understand why your module is special.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

SpaceDog wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:46 pm Poking my head in with an opinion. I would recommend a longer demo period.

I've demo'ed a few of your modules and the time consistently runs out before I've got to grips with the module(s) in my context. Sadly, that makes the decision for me as I've not had the opprtunity to allow the module to make it for me. It happens with some others as well, btw.

Personally, I don't want to spend my time having to work on understanding a module to the detriment of making music. So, I do try to demo within the context of how I'm using VM - I'm likely no different to anyone else. Short demo periods don't make me want to buy a module when the time expires, it generally has the opposite effect. Any projects where I was using it as a test bed get redesigned. With a longer demo period, I'm more likely to feel the need for it within the project - or not, to be fair.

I'm sure that I've passed on a lot of modules that would have found their way into my thinking, but I'll never know. As a plea to all developers, think about how long it might take someone to understand why your module is special.
Nobody never told me having issues with demo time on my modules however.
In this case huggermugger just said he decided to not buy the synth because of excessive aliasing in higher frequencies, that's it.
That was an issue I knew before but it took me a little to fix, and I was amazed by the timing huggermugger told me about to add a velocity control I was already working fixing that issue.
My basic modules demo time is 3 days until 6 days for "complex" ones... SonicV+ is 5 days demo. ;)

Return to “Nrgzr78”