Feature Requests

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
kbostroem

Feature Requests

Post by kbostroem »

Hi, since there seems to be no feature requests topic so far, I'll just create one and start with my most urgent feature request:

Please, Cherry Audio, let us have an optional 24dB filter in DreamSynth!

As much as I enjoy demoing the DreamSynth with its musical power and awesome sound, I still find myself desperately missing the option to turn the filter from 12dB to 24dB! The restriction to just 12dB is more than just annoying, it keeps me from creating darker, grittier sounds.

What about you, do you miss a steeper filter option, too? Or are you satisfied with 12dB, or even find the restriction advantageous?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I'm guessing this might be because we were riffing on the synths of the 80s with Dreamsynth, but thank you for the suggestion, I'll pass it along!

Greg
kbostroem

Post by kbostroem »

Hi Greg,
very cool, yes, please consider this feature!
Thank you for your prompt reply!
Looking forward
Kim
sj1

Post by sj1 »

Hi,

Feature Request: Please add enable/disable checkboxes to the MPE assignment rows.

The idea is to be able to mute/disable the effect of an existing assignment without losing it.

This is important when we are trying to understand with our ears the effect that an assignment (e.g. in a preset) is having.

Unf. the only way to do this currently is to delete the assignment, losing all the settings. (Please correct me if I am mistaken about this.)

A mute and solo -like implementation of this would be even better!

Thanks.

Dreamsynth MPE 01.jpg
Dreamsynth MPE 01.jpg (56.29 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
PetMei

Post by PetMei »

+1 from my side for the filter request. Actually, not having a 24dB option is keeping me from buying this otherwise great synth.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

+1 from me for both requests.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

I had complained (whined?) to Greg, Danny and Dan about the lack of polyphonic aftertouch support for the Dreamsynths, and Cherry Audio synths in general. Literally two days later you implemented it! Gotta say I was really impressed and greatly appreciate this feature, thanks!
Elettrofonico

Post by Elettrofonico »

Hi,
slowly discovering the beauty of Dreamsynth, I have often felt the need to be able to balance the routing of the signal from the oscillators towards the filter...in oscillators 2 and 3 it would not be bad to have some sort of dry / wet 0/100% send to the filter, rather than a bypass button like the present one ...
In addition the possibility of routing the strings section too to the filter.
Anyway Dreamsynth is a really routing pleasure!!! :D
kbostroem

Post by kbostroem »

A MUTE button besides the solo button for each oscillator would be great.
As far as I can see, the only option now is to level down the volume, but that means potentially losing carefully balanced volume.
sj1

Post by sj1 »

kbostroem wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm A MUTE button besides the solo button for each oscillator would be great.
As far as I can see, the only option now is to level down the volume, but that means potentially losing carefully balanced volume.
+1 Yes, exactly!

Return to “Dreamsynth”