Arp Enable

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
sj1

Arp Enable

Post by sj1 »

Hi,

Trying out the Dreamsynth demo on Windows, running standalone, when I click on the Enable Synth or Enable Strings buttons in the Arpegiator section, nothing happens. I cannot turn the buttons off or on, however they were set in the preset being auditioned, that is how they stay.

Is there a trick to making this happen, or am I perhaps witnessing a bug?

Thanks for whatever you can tell me about this!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Arp Enable

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Which preset? When you say that you can't turn the buttons on or off, what do you mean? They aren't lighting up when selected? Or they are lighting up, but you don't hear arpeggiation?

Greg
sj1

Post by sj1 »

I'm observing no changes at all when the buttons are clicked.

Visually, the button's light on/ light off does not change.

Aurally, no change can be heard either.

Whatever the state of the buttons when any preset is loaded (some have them on, some have them off), I cannot change it.

Is is different for you there (on Windows 10)?

Should I be doing something else other than just mouse-clicking on them?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

No, you should just be able to left-click them. We've tested it on various operating systems. I'm on Windows 11 right now.

Which version and build do you have? We just released a new build (128), so try it with version 1.07 build 128. If you have version 1.07, the latest build should download automatically if you allow it (you can check for updates in the Account setting).

If that doesn't help, can you use other toggle buttons, like KEYB, GLIDE or TUNE B in one of the OSC sections?

Greg
sj1

Post by sj1 »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I updated to v1.0.7 (B128) Testing is with the standalone version.

All the other buttons you mention work fine. The Enable Synth and Strings buttons in the Arp section still do not.

I made a short video so you can see it as I see it. There is no sound, but you can believe I did the left-clicking on all the buttons in question and you can see the two that did not work.

Here is the video link: https://www.screencast.com/t/qXgxdlj0H

Regards.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Well, the video provides the clue! You're in MPE mode. I knew that MPE mode disables poly, but I didn't think about it also disabling Arpeggio. Go into Interface settings and turn off MPE mode.

Greg
sj1

Post by sj1 »

OK, got it. Confirmed. Thanks much!

FWIW, almost everything I do now and in the future involves MPE, so if you ever should feel like adding a kick-#@s MPE-aware arpeggiator that would always be welcome. :D

Arpeggiator aside though, Dreamsynth seems to have an excellent MPE implementation (congratulations!), which is a key reason I demo'd and then bought it!

Return to “Dreamsynth”