Bad loops on waveforms and one shots

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
soulstar

Bad loops on waveforms and one shots

Post by soulstar »

Hi, there seem to be clicky loops on a lot of the waveforms and one shot sample, are these going to be fixed or are they supposed
to be a "feature" ?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Bad loops on waveforms and one shots

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Which ones, exactly? Make sure you install any available updates (because I know one was already fixed).

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

We're going to be tweaking some of the samples in an upcoming update. If there are any samples that sound like they have clicks or whatever, you can list them here to make sure we take a look at them.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

I moved mafgar’s comments over here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2187#p9190
soulstar

Post by soulstar »

It's a great synth and I'm grateful but, there are dodgy loops on so many and I don't have time for to check and list them, to be honest it's your responsibility to Cherry Audio.
mafgar

Post by mafgar »

soulstar wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:50 pm It's a great synth and I'm grateful but, there are dodgy loops on so many and I don't have time for to check and list them, to be honest it's your responsibility to Cherry Audio.
agree
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Nonsense. They're not asking you to do their job; they're asking you for the absolute basics required to track an issue. Your reports didn't mention even the simplest things, like machine make, OS version number, or even one sample that exhibited the problem. If you'd ever worked even Tier I tech support anywhere, you'd have thrown up your hands were you the one getting a report that doesn't amount to much more than, "It's broken." You're far more likely to get action on the problem if you supply all the information you've got right up front. An attached patch file would have been easy for you to include.

And no, I don't work for CA. I have worked Tier I through III at more than one company, and also worked as a developer with in-house testers, so I'm sensitized to the requirements of the work, from both ends. CA's developers are a lot more likely to find the problem you're complaining about if you don't make them guess what you meant and spend loads of time tracking down something you could easily have put them right on to.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
soulstar

Post by soulstar »

IMHO this is an issue that isn't related to OS or machine make, it's a fundamental issue or 'feature' regarding the supplied samples, hey maybe they looped them like that on purpose and if they did then fine but to me there just sounds to be a bunch of samples with shoddy loops and not up to the quality I would expect from Cherry Audio. Other people are talking about it here https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&start=75
Apart from that I think the synth sounds great.
mafgar

Post by mafgar »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:42 am Nonsense. They're not asking you to do their job; they're asking you for the absolute basics required to track an issue. Your reports didn't mention even the simplest things, like machine make, OS version number, or even one sample that exhibited the problem. If you'd ever worked even Tier I tech support anywhere, you'd have thrown up your hands were you the one getting a report that doesn't amount to much more than, "It's broken." You're far more likely to get action on the problem if you supply all the information you've got right up front. An attached patch file would have been easy for you to include.

And no, I don't work for CA. I have worked Tier I through III at more than one company, and also worked as a developer with in-house testers, so I'm sensitized to the requirements of the work, from both ends. CA's developers are a lot more likely to find the problem you're complaining about if you don't make them guess what you meant and spend loads of time tracking down something you could easily have put them right on to.
I mean... it's like maybe one of the most common and simple sound design issues and just feels weird that it exists. Like of it's on purpose then fine, just wanna know if that's the case. Anyways I responded w the info they asked for, it got moved to another thread.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

As I mentioned above, we'll have an update that will smooth out some of these. I think there are around 7 or so at this point. That said, synths of that era often had similar looping issues.

If there are any that you notice that seem particularly problematic or unusable, please list them here.

Greg

Return to “Dreamsynth”