Adding Presets to a Bundle

utdgrant

Adding Presets to a Bundle

Post by utdgrant »

I'm a newbie developer, and currently in the process of getting some modules approved.

The modules themselves don't have the ability to save or load presets.

However, I have created a few tutorial patches in VM Core which use my modules.
Is it even possible to create a preset package for the Store which includes these ".voltagepreset" files?
I'm happy to store them separately on my developer homepage, but it would be nice for them
to be part of the bundle, too.

I'm probably doing this wrong, but here's what I did...

In Nebula, I've created a Preset product, and I dragged and dropped my presets into the Files area of the Media tab:
PresetFileList.png
PresetFileList.png (33.85 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
However, when I switch to the Presets tab, they don't seem to be recognised:
Discover.png
Discover.png (22.4 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
This is my first time going through the approval process. Danny at CA has been great,
but the 8 hour time difference between us is a bit of a nuisance. Does anyone have
any hints or tips on the submission / approval process, particularly regarding presets?

Thanks in advance,
Grant

Re: Adding Presets to a Bundle

Post by Steve W »

utdgrant wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:42 am Is it even possible to create a preset package for the Store which includes these ".voltagepreset" files?
I am not a developer, but I have seen (and downloaded) preset packs. See https://store.cherryaudio.com/presets.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Happy to report that Danny at CA managed to sort me out with the solution. :D

The secret is to bundle up all the presets in a zip file, then upload that to the Files area in the Media tab.
I was so close, yet so far! :roll: Hope this nugget of info can help other devs in future.

Safely installed in the store, now!

Post by Steve W »

The link you provided goes to RAT Pack Presets by Dome Music Technologies. Is that you? I saw those posted when I grabbed the link to post. LOL!!
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Steve W wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am The link you provided goes to RAT Pack Presets by Dome Music Technologies. Is that you? I saw those posted when I grabbed the link to post. LOL!!
Yeah, the RAT Pack Bundle is my first (and hopefully not last) release. :)

Post by seal58 »

utdgrant wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:42 pm Happy to report that Danny at CA managed to sort me out with the solution. :D

The secret is to bundle up all the presets in a zip file, then upload that to the Files area in the Media tab.
I was so close, yet so far! :roll: Hope this nugget of info can help other devs in future.

I've got same question, how to add preset packs.
A zip-file with presets is neither an image nor a sound. Where has it to be uploaded to?
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

seal58 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:50 pm
utdgrant wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:42 pm Happy to report that Danny at CA managed to sort me out with the solution. :D

I've got same question, how to add preset packs.
A zip-file with presets is neither an image nor a sound. Where has it to be uploaded to?
First, you have to create a new Product, which is of type "Preset". When you open up the product in Nebula, there will be an area called "Files" on the Media tab, which is not there on other types of product.

One extra stumbling block that I encountered was that a Windows "compressed folder" style Zip didn't play nicely with Nebula. Instead, place all your presets into a standard folder, then use something like 7zip to wrap them all up into a single Zip.

Once you upload that to the Files area of the Media tab, you should be able to switch to the Presets tab. On there should be a complete list of all the modules used by the presets. That will confirm that you were successful. If you don't see a module list, then something went wrong.

Good luck!

Post by seal58 »

Thanks for explanation. That brings me a little further. Unfortunately it does not work for me.
I tryed upload with several ZIP files (created with 7zip) and get a strange message each time:
preset-zip-error.jpg
preset-zip-error.jpg (50.48 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
The error message referres to first file in ZIP archive.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

seal58 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:13 pm Thanks for explanation. That brings me a little further. Unfortunately it does not work for me.
I tryed upload with several ZIP files (created with 7zip) and get a strange message each time:

preset-zip-error.jpg

The error message referres to first file in ZIP archive.
Try removing the dash from the name. I think Nebula replaces spaces with a dash internally, and it might be getting confused. It's not an intuitive system by any means!

Post by seal58 »

That was a good idea, but it did not change anything.

Since I'm a manufacturer, product management with nebula is a very big challenge. It's not intuitive. Trial and error costs a lot of time without creative results.
Many months ago CA pretended, they will create a manual. Until now they did not. So customer support has to answer same questions again and again. :evil:

Manufacturers are anticipated to deliver doc files to their products. Why CA isn't a shiny example for that?

Return to “Module Designer”