Bug in VM900 901ABB module

Steve W

Re: Bug in VM900 901ABB module

Post by Steve W »

I am test driving the VM900 and with the test patch posted above, I got all sorts of audio issues. In part, its almost as if there is the digital equivalent of a floating ground that happens when the voltage of the 901 is too low.

Has the fix mentioned above been pushed yet?
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

The fix is in, but not published yet. CA is evaluating things very carefully with this and other module changes and improvements so we don't have to go round again. Coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

TY for the quick reply. No rush on my part. I am just demoing it at this point. Fortunately, I found some of my old patch diagrams (circa 1972-76) and have just reconstructed the system my college had (as close as I can get it). Just want to see if they sound anything at all like I remember them before my 7 days runs out.
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

I too experienced a Moog modular in college, but I didn't get to touch it much.

Scientists have proven in the lab that a person's auditory memory is good for a couple of seconds. That's why we A/B speakers and such with a switch so we can instantly compare A with B. Now I don't know about you, but it's been quite a while since college, so...good luck. I await your verdict. I am not being sarcastic here, I truly am interested.

--mb

Return to “Cherry Audio/MRB”