Do sales negate discounts for module ownership discounts?

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
Steve W

Do sales negate discounts for module ownership discounts?

Post by Steve W »

When there are sales and a VM user already owns some of the modules in a bundle, does the store negate the discount for owning modules in the bundle? In short, when there is a sale, do new bundle purchasers having no purchases of modules within the bundle and purchasers who already own some of the modules within the bundle get the same discount (the sale price with no discount for prior ownership)?

Thanks for any clarity you can give to this issue.
ColinP

Re: Do sales negate discounts for module ownership discounts?

Post by ColinP »

CA offer developers various automated discount mechanisms but it's up to individual devs to choose whether to opt in or not.

It's straightforward when a dev has just a handful of published modules and one bundle but becomes more complex as the options grow.

So for instance the price of Adroit toolkit is its current price * ( 1 - amount already spent on its modules / total cost of the modules bought separately ).

While for LSSP 101 there isn't any discount because its modules are not on sale separately.

While for LSSP XL there's a fixed discount if you already have Adroit Toolkit or LSSP 101 but no discount if you just have a subset of the modules in Adroit Toolkit. I explain the upgrade price options on my website so a lot of people upgrade to Adroit Toolkit before buying LSSP XL in order to gain the discount.

When a sale is on the prices fluctuate but the principle should remain essentially the same - but as the price is lower the discount will also be lower.

I think CA offer the best automated discounting system that is practical. I was quite impressed by the thought that had gone into designing it.

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”