Global Instrument : 'Favorite' tagging

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
malhomme

Global Instrument : 'Favorite' tagging

Post by malhomme »

I also post this suggestion here, but it applies to all VSTi.

I wish you could tag a preset in your favorite by simply clicking near the preset name, instead of clicking, open the list, select name, right click add to favorite.

It is tedious, a lot of uncesseary clicks, and when, like me, you have a carpal syndrom, you pay attention to click number.

Competition, like Arturia, allows to just click of the left of the name to add a preset to your favorites.
Last edited by malhomme on Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Global Instrument : 'Favorite' tagging

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I've got this one filed as a feature request. Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
malhomme

Post by malhomme »

Thank you for considering this !
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

excellent idea
nait

Post by nait »

Looks like this feature request hasn't ever come to fruition, but will echo this request as well.

When I just buy a Cherry Audio instrument, I tend to go through all the presets, and flag which ones are favorites. When you're working on both a MIDI keyboard, a regular keyboard, and then also a mouse, it's a tedious process, as mentioned.

I also would even suggest a shortcut to favorite a preset (for example Ctrl-F to favorite), as sometimes I'd rather do all things on a keyboard.

Having the Ctrl + arrow keys cycle through presets is something all VSTis should have (great feature!). Anyways, it would be nice to have a quick way to cycle through the presets, test them on my MIDI keyboard, then quickly flag as favorite. Having both button for favorite and shortcut keys to add as favorite would help!
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I'd extend that request in a particular direction: why not expose the key mappings, so users can assign their own hot-keys? I have in mind one of my favorite program editors, which allows exactly that.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”