PLEASE add next/previous sample to Sampler I & II

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xones2358

Re: PLEASE add next/previous sample to Sampler I & II

Post by xones2358 »

And that brings me once more to the conclusion that there is no serious interest from Cherry Audio to add and build upon Voltage Modular in any interesting, inspiring ways or even to listen to the dozens and dozens of user requests/recommondations - with exception from rolling in some obvious functional updates now and then.
Back when this modular software was introduced I was super excited and it was all over my workflow. The first Year collection by Cherry Audio added some interesting modules that I really wanted to have. The second year had the ARP 2500 variants,which was exciting because there was literally no emulations of that beast in the software realm.
Then with the next year and their other VST emulations starting to boom the market, I have the feeling it went downstairs for Voltage Modular.At least in regard what CA themself did contribute. Of course, we had and still have awesome builders like Weevil, Adroit etc with brilliant ideas/devices but well: I am sure if CA themself would continue to contribute more to Voltage Modular it would motivate more builders and the userbase alike. In fact I am missing contributions from a bunch of folks who were there in the first years. Ben Davis, Benard to name a few - of course their restraint could have a number of different reasons.
But yeah.
CA common, bring some love and some fresh air to Voltage Modular ;)
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Personally, I would not mind if CA did a full re-creation of the E-Mu EOS [Emulator IV] Ultra Line (including compatibility with existing sound bank formats including exb) as a standalone / plug-in instrument with a full set of Emulator/Proteus/Command Station modules for Voltage Modular. Of course, I would also like the usual discount for the VM Collection for owners of the instrument version.

Sampler IV would have your next/previous buttons plus a whole lot of other features that Sampler I & II don't.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Well... If any devs are reading this, here's some low-hanging fruit. Create a sampling OSC that at minimum mimics Sampler II with next/previous sample load available on the GUI and at most mimic's Kilohearts Phaseplant's OSC section (which has next/previous sample right on the GUI).

I will be the first in line.

I agree with the earlier comment that user requests have taken a back seat to standard plugin emulations. I got into Cherry very early. I had made a request for a Synton Syrinx filter. To my amazement, they knocked that out in a week. I couldn't believe it. I felt, dare I say, special, for a moment in time. I rebuilt the Synton Syrinx in VM as a result, and it's better and more capable than the original synth. Pure joy! They asked me for further ideas. And I've been waiting for this critical but easy upgrade to Sampler II ever since. Sigh, those were the days.

But, Cherry, while you are currently obsessed with competing with Arturia for synth emulations, I wouldn't mind a CPU-efficient Synton Syrinx, even though I love the one I built. Haha

Anyway... I've moved my Casio HT restoration project to Phaseplant. It works perfectly, and I was even able to nail the Casio's analog filter. I'm done begging for this UI improvement.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

wavemechanic wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:35 pm Well... If any devs are reading this, here's some low-hanging fruit. Create a sampling OSC that at minimum mimics Sampler II with next/previous sample load available on the GUI . . .

I agree with the earlier comment that user requests have taken a back seat to standard plugin emulations . . .

But, Cherry, while you are currently obsessed with competing with Arturia for synth emulations . . .
This is part of why I suggested totally new instrument + collection of modules as sort of an Ultra Sampler IV which advances the Sampler to include the ROMpler and Drum Machine variants. Everyone else has been doing the same old-same-old emulations with some branching out into some classically influenced yet original instruments.

Return to “Voltage Modular”