PLEASE add next/previous sample to Sampler I & II

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
wavemechanic

PLEASE add next/previous sample to Sampler I & II

Post by wavemechanic »

PLEASE add next/previous sample (in current or next folder) to Sampler I & II. The lack of it is driving me absolutely nuts. I'm pleading at this point.
wavemechanic

Re: PLEASE add next/previous sample to Sampler I & II

Post by wavemechanic »

Is there any chance in hell of this becoming a reality? I have a real need to be able to step quickly through raw waveforms, single-cycle waveforms, and wavetables without having to open a popup load window. I'm having to use other products instead of VM because of this. I intend to distribute some of these designs, and I'm seriously bummed that a next/prev sample hasn't been added to the samplers. I've been requesting this since VM was launched.

If Cherry isn't going to do this, would another developer consider making a clone of Sampler II and adding this feature? Cheers
ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Hi,

You can cycle through next/previous samples in a directory in my Random Sampler module...but it doesn't have typical sampler functionality so it probably wouldn't otherwise fit whatever you need. But figured I'd at least suggest it, just in case.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/j ... om-sampler

JK
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

wavemechanic wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:27 am I have a real need to be able to step quickly through raw waveforms, single-cycle waveforms, and wavetables without having to open a popup load window.
wavemechanic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 am I just found the waveforms of the beloved SQ80 (and ESQ1). I successfully loaded one in Sampler and built a wonderful patch. I am DYING for a next/previous option in Sampler that would let me fly through all the waveforms in the folder and audition them. Instead, it's a slow process.
For something I am planning, I am currently looking into organizing samples for a number of purposes. Also, I am familiar with some models of hardware samplers which the VM modules resemble slightly. One of my goals is to play/manipulate samples as multisample presets within the VM environment. So I am interested in what you might be trying to do in VM.

Are you just looking for a way to quickly preview the samples, or are you trying to do something more using VM's Sampler I / II modules. Or are you looking for a quick way to preview and select samples so you can use them with other VM modules?
ymerejsasnak wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:56 pm You can cycle through next/previous samples in a directory in my Random Sampler module...but it doesn't have typical sampler functionality so it probably wouldn't otherwise fit whatever you need. But figured I'd at least suggest it, just in case.
Thanks for mentioning this. I will have to take another look at it for my purposes.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

First of all, thanks for inspiring me to take another look at Sampler I and II. Now that I have played with VM more than when I first looked at the Samplers, I am getting new ideas for using these modules.
Second, for just previewing samples, drop and drag from a windows folder works (at least it does on my PC).
Third, I can definitely see how it might be nice to be able to have ways to internally (within VM) control all (or more) of the sampler modules' functions, including loading a list of samples.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I appreciate the efforts of those who responded to try to understand what I'm asking here, but I don't think I'm getting my point across.

I don't want a preview nor list. I need Next/Previous buttons in Sampler II that literally just load the next or previous sample from the same folder that the already-loaded sample is in. The point is to change waveforms in realtime as the song is playing, swiftly and effortlessly and without dragging anything. All good software samplers and wavetable synths can do this. Nearly any synth can do it.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

super annoying - it should be on Sampler I, II + the Digi Drum Sampler...
common...
and not just a button but a CV in too for some fun... :geek:
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Even better! Actually, that's a superb suggestion on top of my long-standing request.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Incredible that the drum sampler can't do it either.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Cherry, please... please add next/prev sample to the GUI of Sampler II. A couple arrows is fine. I need to be able to rifle through samples within a folder, akin to easy preset selection.

Return to “Voltage Modular”