Feature Requests

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
sj1

Re: Feature Requests

Post by sj1 »

kbostroem wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:00 am Please, Cherry Audio, let us have an optional 24dB filter in DreamSynth!
+1 You can't have too many (good sounding!) filter types. :D
Elettrofonico

Post by Elettrofonico »

sj1 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:20 pm
kbostroem wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:00 am Please, Cherry Audio, let us have an optional 24dB filter in DreamSynth!
+1 You can't have too many (good sounding!) filter types. :D
+1 from me!
Droemel

Post by Droemel »

Hi all,

I think the DS-1 is a great Synth especially with the extensive modulation capabilities. That brings me to my wish: I sometimes find it a bit hard to keep track of all the different modulations and would like to see a separate list with all active modulations (e.g. like Serum's Modulation Matrix or like the existing MPE assignments), where all the modulations can be tweaked at a central place. A Mute switch per modulation would also be nice to have.

My 2 cts
BadBadger

Post by BadBadger »

kbostroem wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:00 amPlease, Cherry Audio, let us have an optional 24dB filter in DreamSynth!
Yes! That would be great!
steeveclarke

Post by steeveclarke »

kbostroem wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:00 am Hi, since there seems to be no feature requests topic so far, I'll just create one and start with my most urgent feature request:

Please, Cherry Audio, let us have an optional 24dB filter in DreamSynth!

As much as I enjoy demoing the DreamSynth with its musical power and awesome sound, I still find myself desperately missing the option to turn the filter from 12dB to 24dB! The restriction to just 12dB is more than just annoying, it keeps me from creating darker, grittier sounds.

What about you, do you miss a steeper filter option, too? Or are you satisfied with 12dB, or even find the restriction advantageous?
Optional 24DB filter would be perfect
nondes

Post by nondes »

Agreed on visible mod matrix. It could be a collapsible section underneath the main UI, similar to how Uhe Hive, Dune, and Synthmaster have it.
omniHERR

Post by omniHERR »

Hi everyone, I would much appreciate graphicsacceleration, it really hogs while rescaling the window.
Jean d'Oran

Post by Jean d'Oran »

kbostroem wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm A MUTE button besides the solo button for each oscillator would be great.
As far as I can see, the only option now is to level down the volume, but that means potentially losing carefully balanced volume.
May I suggest you save the preset in the user presets under the name "My_Preset 00stuff" for example, before turning down the volume, so that you can refind it intact, or, more simply, after doing so, hit [Ctrl] (or [Command]) + [Z] to refind this so carefully balanced volume ?
Jean, from France
Dos never said "excellent command or filename" !
guanche

Post by guanche »

I agree that the modulation possibilities greatly increase the appeal of Cherry Audio synth recreations. But there´s one feature - available on most synths back in the 80s - that would really facilitate the take-up of CA sounds for studio compositions: the ability for automate sound selection beyond the current 128 voice limitation on MIDI Program Change. This would usually go hand-in-hand with the addition of Bank Select capabilities, a standard feature on most synths since the 80s.

The omission of such standard features is baffling, and the additional time-consuming work involved in reorganising preset lists to shift preferred voices into the first bank of 128 voices to enable automation is driving musicians producers and composers to opt for less burdensome solutions, albeit less creatively expressive. Given CA´s outstanding work on facilitating voice modulation and expression through such well-designed front-ends, travelling that extra mile to achieve full compliance with the simple legacy MIDI 1 spec for Program and Bank changes is really crying out for prioritization in the company´s TODO list. With full program change capabilities enabled, I and many others would leap at the time-saving added value a full library of Cherry Audio sounds would then represent.
palancar

Post by palancar »

One very helpful usability feature would be to give users the option to use 1X quality when live but 4X when rendering. I can't count the number of times I had to stop a render when I realized I had forgotten to improve the quality to 4X.

Love your products! They're just getting better and better!

Return to “Dreamsynth”