Modules

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
rod

Modules

Post by rod »

if you buy Softube model 72 you get breakout modules for modular (same for model 84). Why don't Cherry do this for their synths?
Steve W

Re: Modules

Post by Steve W »

rod wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:03 am if you buy Softube model 72 you get breakout modules for modular (same for model 84). Why don't Cherry do this for their synths?
I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up: https://www.softube.com/model-72-synthesizer-system It looks like its $159 USD. That's a lot more than the $39 USD for Cherry Audio's Minimode. So even though Softube includes what you call breakout modules, you are paying for them as part of the $159.

Sometimes I have purchased Cherry Audio modules that were developed at the same time as their Instruments, but CA offered a discount for getting both (for example CA's Eight Voice Instrument and and the SEM modules).

I purchased CA/Mark Barton's VM 900 (Moog modules) and I also have CA's Memorymode and Polymode. Personally, I like paying more reasonable CA prices for just what I want.

I have no idea what goes into CA's decisions. I am only speaking as a consumer.

It looks like Softube does the same thing with model 84 - spend $159 USD and get both an instrument and modules.

When I fist saw your post, I thought you were asking why doesn't CA give away modules for free, but maybe you are asking why they don't make individual modules for all of their instruments and charge more money for the bundles. Different companies have different marketing strategies, I guess.
rod

Post by rod »

Not suggesting free modules, just a value-add. The value-add affects the perceived value of VST by Cherry -vs- others and they often focus on price. Other VST makers also offer discounts.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks for the clarification. What you said about perceived added value makes sense. I have a life-long habit of doing a personal cost-benefit analysis especially when making purchasing decisions. But I agree with your comment. In fact, often I will see something (like a sale or promotion) that immediately looks great (too good to pass up on impulse) but when I take a closer look based on my personal interests, I get a different perspective.

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”