How do you backup instrument favorites?

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
SA2K

How do you backup instrument favorites?

Post by SA2K »

Hello i am demoing Dreamsynth and made a bunch of favorites for the patches I like the most. I need to know which file/folder I need to copy and save to backup all my favorited presets for future recovery so I have the patches all sorted for when I eventually do a reinstall after I buy Dreamsynth. I like the synth but it's not 100% perfect. I love the waveforms in it for creative cinema/fantasy music for things like scenes in the movie Abyss or sci fi movies. The reverb Galactic is pretty rich and the synth is pretty rich but I'm wishing for the best of the best with the same type of waveforms in hardware. I know they don't have it at all in the most quality synths so Dreamsynth and other type things are all there are.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: How do you backup instrument favorites?

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Look for the "Favorites-And-Recents.xml" file that's inside Dreamsynth's Presets folder.

Windows:
%appdata%\CherryAudio\Dreamsynth\Presets

Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/CherryAudio/Dreamsynth/Presets

Thanks for your feedback! Check out some of the sounds people have gotten out of Dreamsynth here: Dreamsynth Sounds

Greg

Return to “Dreamsynth”