Voltage Modular 1.2 released! Plug-in hosting, OpenGL, and more!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Voltage Modular 1.2 released! Plug-in hosting, OpenGL, and more!

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Rod,

I just tried the trial version of Retrologue 2 VST 3 and it loads fine for me, of course. I assume you have the latest build and all that. Can you send a crash log to support@cherryaudio.com ? Are you simply loading it or is there something else you are doing?
nik

Post by nik »

On a Mac the VST selection is defaulting to the user library location and not the system library location.

It is correct for AU and VST3.
rod

Post by rod »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:26 pm Rod,

I just tried the trial version of Retrologue 2 VST 3 and it loads fine for me, of course. I assume you have the latest build and all that. Can you send a crash log to support@cherryaudio.com ? Are you simply loading it or is there something else you are doing?
I updated my Cubase 10 to the latest version and my Retrologue 2 as well, but cubase crashes when I try to show the Rerologue synth inside the VM as a plugin. That is I appear to load it but can't show it. The VM log doesn't show much - "Show menu under object 2645829200" and I think this is around the point where I try to show Retrologue 2, that's the end of the file:

20:33:27.368 Update Catalog - userOwned = true . Count = 169
20:33:27.369 Catalog::UpdateCatalog() - Exit
20:33:27.372 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.373 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.374 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.375 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.377 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.377 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.378 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.382 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.384 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.384 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.385 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.385 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.387 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.390 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:27.391 Image ID is empty for something!
20:33:42.717 Loading module from file: C:\Users\Rodney\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Modules\com.cherryaudio.minipluginhost.MiniPluginHost.module
20:33:42.727 LoadModule -- loading class com/cherryaudio/minipluginhost/MiniPluginHost
20:33:42.731 Class found, creating new object for this class. 2619279928
20:33:44.141 Show menu under object 2645829200
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Rod,

When it crashes, it should have some sort of crash report or DMP file for Cubase. Does it crash in the standalone in this scenario? At any event, send the crash report and/or DMP file for Cubase to support@cherryaudio.com . Thanks!
rod

Post by rod »

Thanks, I've looked in all known Cubase crash dump file locations but can't find a recent dump...
Tappistry

Post by Tappistry »

Hi there! First post and new VM demo user here.

I tried to load up the VST3 version of the plugin in the latest versions Reaper x64 and Blue Cat's Patchwork and seem to be having problems. Attempting to load the VST3 in Patchwork just crashes that host. The VST3 plugin loads fine in Reaper, but when I switch between the Full Sequence presets, it crashes Reaper and allows the sound to hang until I close out and restart the computer.

Where should I look for crash logs so I can submit a support request?
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 am Hi there! First post and new VM demo user here.

I tried to load up the VST3 version of the plugin in the latest versions Reaper x64 and Blue Cat's Patchwork and seem to be having problems. Attempting to load the VST3 in Patchwork just crashes that host. The VST3 plugin loads fine in Reaper, but when I switch between the Full Sequence presets, it crashes Reaper and allows the sound to hang until I close out and restart the computer.

Hi there and welcome aboard!

These aren't known issues, but we will look into them and see what we can find.

Thanks,
Dan
Tappistry

Post by Tappistry »

Cherry Dan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:28 am
Tappistry wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 am Hi there! First post and new VM demo user here.

Hi there and welcome aboard!

These aren't known issues, but we will look into them and see what we can find.

Thanks,
Dan
If there's anything I can do to help in terms of submitting crash logs, I'll be happy to do it.
ZenEagle

Post by ZenEagle »

I've just had Voltage since yesterday and already it's my favorite virtual modular. I'm amazed at how efficient it is, yet still sounds as good as softube modular quality to my ears. It's quite fun to actually load other modular VSTS with the plugin host, creating patches that take advantage of the strengths of each. My only wish is that you can eventually add a way to increase the size of the hosted plugin window -- on 4k monitors, it's extremely small and hard to read the parameters. Still very usable but not ideal.

Great work devs! Very excited to see this evolve.
UnbalancedBeats

Post by UnbalancedBeats »

ZenEagle wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:40 am I've just had Voltage since yesterday and already it's my favorite virtual modular. I'm amazed at how efficient it is, yet still sounds as good as softube modular quality to my ears. It's quite fun to actually load other modular VSTS with the plugin host, creating patches that take advantage of the strengths of each. My only wish is that you can eventually add a way to increase the size of the hosted plugin window -- on 4k monitors, it's extremely small and hard to read the parameters. Still very usable but not ideal.

Great work devs! Very excited to see this evolve.
Agree with you! Sounds really really really good. Think that sounds different compared to ST Modular, each one has its strengths :) In the last weeks I have been using ST Modular hosted in VM for modulation and sequencing purposes as well as ST Modular as an Fx. What comes up is mind-bending, IMHO. Think that both plugins complement quite well.
Next steps will be hosting NI Reaktor and MP MXXX.

Return to “Voltage Modular”