This plugin needs a hardware controller

Memorymode is based upon one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s, the legendary Memorymoog synthesizer.
Solovox

This plugin needs a hardware controller

Post by Solovox »

This is such an accurate emulation that I want to just play it and create sounds with it daily; but I miss the hardware control from my old MM. How can this happen? Does Cherry Audio have any plans to make hardware controllers?
sonicrich

Re: This plugin needs a hardware controller

Post by sonicrich »

I am looking forward to the release of the behringer BCR32 MIDI controller, it was announced in Jan 2021, so not sure when it will finally arrive.

I am hoping it will make a c=good controller for VM, but in the meantime, and as there is no Cherry Audio controller, what are others using?

What is your favourite controller and why?

I have the beatstep pro and have had a beatstep, but I have to say I have never quite like the feel of the knobs - a guess quite a personal thing :roll:
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I use an Akai MPK 225 and pair it with Weevil's MIDI CV module: https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/cv-midi

That module makes it really easy to map any of the knobs, pads, keys, or buttons to anything I need, and with a few saved module presets it can even pull up some of my favorite configurations to get started quickly.
pascalpp

Post by pascalpp »

I had the same thought, so many knobs! So I bought an AKAI MidiMix which has 24 knobs, 8 faders, a master fader, and a bunch of buttons.
akai-midimix.jpg
akai-midimix.jpg (136.21 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
It was a little tedious to set up, but along with the 8 knobs on my midi keyboard, I was able to map pretty much every control in MemoryMode, and now I can tinker in the standalone app without getting mouse fatigue. Unfortunately you have to redo the midi-mappings in Logic, but I didn't bother, since I primarily work with the standalone app until I get something I like, then I save it as a preset and open it in Logic.

You can find them for around $100 new.

Return to “Memorymode Synthesizer”