Panel sizes

martin_l

Panel sizes

Post by martin_l »

OK, this is a very minor detail, but it seems that the panels are not exactly using the right sizes. If I align the modules to the left, I see that there are slight mis-alignments between the cabinets, when using different modules. I would have thought that the modules should follow certain size quantisations, so that they align nicely.

By the way, I should stress that, despite these things I bring up, I do love the collection. This is what I would have wanted to Arturia Modular to be like for such a long time. FInally, it gives the full flexibility of a Moog-like modular environment. Thanks for making this a reality!

Cheers,
Martin
cherryMitch

Re: Panel sizes

Post by cherryMitch »

Hi Martin, thanks for getting in touch.

The VM900 modules are all congruently sized in multiples of 6hp (in fact, the Voltage Module Designer software that all Voltage modules are created in does not allow arbitrary module widths; sizing must be in 1hp increments). The reason the modules appear to be misaligned is that there is a one-pixel “blank” area between each module, so if, for example, you have eight of "single-wide" (i.e. 6hp) modules on top of a 960 sequencer, which is eight units/48hp, then the top row of modules is going to be seven pixels proud of the 960 sequencer at the right edge. This is inherent to the design of Voltage, and not unique to the VM900 modules; it's just much easier to notice because all of the VM900 module widths are in units of six hp.

I'm sure this already occurred to you, and it's not completely a solution, but a compromise would be to disable Align Modules>Auto Align Left and then move the narrower module(s) to the right to effectively split the difference.
martin_l

Re: Panel sizes

Post by martin_l »

Thanks for the explanation. This makes sense, although I have to say I do not understand why VM is introducing this one pixel gap between the modules, when aligning them. It would make the appearance nicer, if the alignment was without. But I see that this is not in the hands of the module developers.

Cheers,
Martin

Return to “Cherry Audio/MRB”