Almanacs Granular Processor - Idiot Newby Question

Spartacist

Almanacs Granular Processor - Idiot Newby Question

Post by Spartacist »

I've come to this module from using software like The Mangle and Grainstates, so I understand the principles of granular synthesis. What I don't understand is this module!
Can someone please explain to me how to use this in Voltage Modular? To me, the interface seems pared down to the point of being cryptic.
Steve W

Re: Almanacs Granular Processor - Idiot Newby Question

Post by Steve W »

Spartacist wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 pm I've come to this module from using software like The Mangle and Grainstates, so I understand the principles of granular synthesis. What I don't understand is this module!
Can someone please explain to me how to use this in Voltage Modular? To me, the interface seems pared down to the point of being cryptic.
I don't have this module, but I read the description and it seems straight forward to me. In part, as an introduction to the module's description, the developer wrote:
I've created this module per request of Almanacs - as the module name suggest - following one discussion on the Voltage Modular Users Group on Facebook. Almanacs also created the design of the module's front panel.

This module is a practical application of some concepts of Granular Synthesis. It gives the artist the ability to destroy and reassemble live or frozen audio signal and turn it into something new and sometimes completely unexpected.
Perhaps you can go to the Facebook group and read through the discussion that led to the module's creation. Also, note that the developer says, "it is a practical application of some concepts of Granular Synthesis." This might help explain why it seems a bit pared down (can we say "spartan?") by comparison with the The Mangle and Grainstates.

By the way, I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt you are an idiot, especially if you understand the nuances of granular synthesis as found in those two software instruments. I think you are underestimating your abilities.

Return to “nekomatic”