"Hide Manufacturers" function in store suggestion

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
nkf

"Hide Manufacturers" function in store suggestion

Post by nkf »

Please implement a "Hide Manufacturer" function, I would like to hide Nrgzr78 modules etc. This 'stuff' is cluttering the relevant offers.
seal58

Re: "Hide Manufacturers" function in store suggestion

Post by seal58 »

+1
(because of mass instead of class referred to that manufacturer)
nkf

Post by nkf »

seal58 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm +1
(because of mass instead of class referred to that manufacturer)
Exactly. It really reduces the fun for me to browse thru the store - and I'm a regular buyer there.
haslo

Post by haslo »

Technically, you can just enable everybody else in your store bookmark, like so.

Works for bundles, too.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Yes, i think this dev (no offense, just expressing my opinion) makes VM look bad and cheap in a way, more quantity than quality, and on top of it some very tacky designs, like a 14 yo boy would make. (sorry !) Obviously the goal seems to be making money on VM's back rather than sharing some passion for modular.

That's what i said earlier in a less direct way in this post
xuoham wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:11 am ... though the forum is dead quiet and not many new modules these days,
(except, ... well, ... :roll: -where is my "hide devs i don't care for" button ?)
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

xuoham wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:25 am Yes, i think this dev (no offense, just expressing my opinion) makes VM look bad and cheap in a way, more quantity than quality, and on top of it some very tacky designs, like a 14 yo boy would make. (sorry !) Obviously the goal seems to be making money on VM's back rather than sharing some passion for modular.

That's what i said earlier in a less direct way in this post
xuoham wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:11 am ... though the forum is dead quiet and not many new modules these days,
(except, ... well, ... :roll: -where is my "hide devs i don't care for" button ?)
The fact is that I make modules that I wanted to have with some graphic too for my pleasure first and then there's the possibility to sell/share it.
Plus this is a challenge for me to understand and learn more about DSP and code programming I've always been passionate about it but had no chance to be supported by anyone to achieve such things but Cherry Audio created an amazing app designer that brought to me infinite joy to make one of my dreams come true.
Another point is that Cherry Audio makes "some" money too because of my sales due to a percentage share, so I'm contributing too (in my little world) to make Cherry Audio hopefully bigger, better, pleasurable as I'm helping some customers not so expert like you to come close to the modular world with ease and fun without the burden to try to understand how to pull out sound/music from some difficult-to-use modules that most of the time discourage new comers ending up with abandoning such journey.

I accept critics with no regret, but people use to talk without knowing of who are talking about.

I don't want to make useless further arguments, if you don't like my staff it's easy to avoid it, there are filters on the webstore so what's the problem...??

Have a creative day instead and be happy for what there's out now!!! ;)
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

OK I'll give one example. I find the existing Cherry Audio console mixer a little limited, especially coming from VCV Rack with the excellent MindMeld mixers which offer something like 16 stereo mixer lanes and 4 sets of stereo aux buses and was looking for one with decent stereo aux support to allow fx to be used via left/right to left/right stereo aux buses.
I demoed the Stereo mixer (something like a 2 day demo window too!) that Nrgzr78 made and it's completely unoptimised, used something like an extra 30% CPU before anything was linked up, just basically unusable when used with anything. So why does that matter surely we just don't use it?

Well someone who can make an optimised decent mixer with stereo aux buses may take a look, see someone is providing something that looks like it does a job and not make one.
Cherry Audio themselves may not make one because they may think they're somehow stepping on the toes of developers.

Personally I'm not too fussed about how modules look, but if they don't work properly then that's bad news.
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Problem is that we can easily miss some small amount of new modules from some manufacturers by releasing large amount of new modules from others.
It's an problem on display of shop website, not on Nrgzr78.

Putting "Manufacturer" column on the Discover page of the shop can be another possible solution? (manufacturers having new/updated modules are shown first)?
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

Rockky wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:16 pm OK I'll give one example. I find the existing Cherry Audio console mixer a little limited, especially coming from VCV Rack with the excellent MindMeld mixers which offer something like 16 stereo mixer lanes and 4 sets of stereo aux buses and was looking for one with decent stereo aux support to allow fx to be used via left/right to left/right stereo aux buses.
I demoed the Stereo mixer (something like a 2 day demo window too!) that Nrgzr78 made and it's completely unoptimised, used something like an extra 30% CPU before anything was linked up, just basically unusable when used with anything. So why does that matter surely we just don't use it?

Well someone who can make an optimised decent mixer with stereo aux buses may take a look, see someone is providing something that looks like it does a job and not make one.
Cherry Audio themselves may not make one because they may think they're somehow stepping on the toes of developers.

Personally I'm not too fussed about how modules look, but if they don't work properly then that's bad news.
The funny thing is that Cherry Audio does some testing on every product before approval, especially for CPU loading, but despite that if you tried something and want to address some issues or advices to make improvements on a module there's a fricking forum for every manufacturer, mine is :
viewforum.php?f=34 , click on "New Topic" and write there...

Anyways all the modules are updated constantly, they're not left abandoned...
Last edited by Nrgzr78 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

marltetz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 pm Problem is that we can easily miss some small amount of new modules from some manufacturers by releasing large amount of new modules from others.
It's an problem on display of shop website, not on Nrgzr78.

Putting "Manufacturer" column on the Discover page of the shop can be another possible solution? (manufacturers having new/updated modules are shown first)?
The big problem is still on CA's webstore, if in the search box you write "oscillator", it doesn't show all of the existing oscillator category items but just those modules that have "oscillator" as part of the modules' title...same for other kind of keywords.

As I mentioned to CA, the keywords as they work well for Voltage Modular app should be working the same for the webstore...

Ex. Have a look at the pictures, "oscillator" keyword on CA's webstore and the other from VM.
Oscillator_keyword_Webstore.png
Oscillator_keyword_Webstore.png (254.45 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
VM

Oscillator_keyword_VM.png
Oscillator_keyword_VM.png (338 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

Return to “Voltage Modular”