JK's Sample Swarm

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ymerejsasnak

JK's Sample Swarm

Post by ymerejsasnak »

(same post as on VM Facebook group)

Hello yet again!

So, since I've gotten generally favorable feedback on my modules published so far, and to make up for a couple ugly bugs and issues along the way, I created this neat little thing and am offering it for free for the foreseeable future! (I reserve the right to someday charge $5 for it...but maybe I never will...who knows?)

It's kind of a one-trick pony, but I LOVE the trick. Basically you load a single sample, then process it into 1-1000 instances of that sample played back at random positions over a preset buffer loop length. (If this sounds confusing, hopefully the description on the store pages helps it make more sense. And if not, just download it and play with it - it's free!)

Anyway, while I have your attention, just a quick update on what I'm up to VM-wise: I have one more new module that I'm working on finishing up, then I'm going to ENTIRELY focus on making sure the existing modules get all the necessary updates, fixes, and requests. Of course, this is all aside from whatever else is going on in my life, so no guarantees on time-tables or anything.

Sorry for the long read, but hey, you're getting a free module!

Demo video: https://youtu.be/yV6mGx9WupY

(If I get enough requests, I could probably also make a short walkthrough/tutorial video)

Store page: https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/jks-sample-swarm

Thanks yet again! Have fun, make music, be well, etc. 🙂

JK
Last edited by ymerejsasnak on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xuoham

Re: JK's Sample Swarm (FREE module)

Post by xuoham »

Looks interesting !

Thank you JK ! :idea:

edit: the demo sounds awesome ! It's so easy to made wonderful ambient and generative music nowadays, it's very humbling ...

... and also gives added value to playing a "real" instrument (on top of it), in my opinion.
Steve W

Re: JK's Sample Swarm (FREE module)

Post by Steve W »

Just started exploring a few possibilities for creating playable swarmed sounds and am finding it very handy for my musical goals. Thanks!!

Return to “Voltage Modular”