Crackling when modulating REZON - can it be fixed?

gone soft

Crackling when modulating REZON - can it be fixed?

Post by gone soft »

Hi,

though I couldn't demo it again as I had demoed it earlier I took a chance on REZON while it was on sale judging by soundexamples. Now it turns out when I modulate it with even attenuated audiorate modulations or fairly slow moving LFOs there's quite a bit of noticable crackling. It also crackles while moving the big knob on the module. It shows up on ossciloscopes within VM. Can this be fixed? It prevents me from using this otherwise sweet module as I intended.

I'm on Windows 10 and run Voltage Modular within Reaper if that matters. Buffersize and soundcard settings shouldn't matter, nothing related to the soundcard should show up in an oscilloscope module within Voltage Modular.

Example with input from a simple so called "Drum oscillator" that has a little FM, first five seconds clean then gradually increasing mdulation by a simple sine LFO modulating REZON introdusces crackling. No other comb filters that I know of exchibit this behaviour:https://www.dropbox.com/t/JKBViFoxA1Yl3HoM
MarcinHA

Re: Crackling when modulating REZON - can it be fixed?

Post by MarcinHA »

Hello!

It can be changed!

This plugin was designed deliberately to be glitchy in that way, but if that is something that doesn't work for you (I guess there might be more users like you) I can change that or at least add as an option.

Btw -it took me so long to find this post because I don't check the forum to often. There's support email in the documentation - please use this one next time ;)

cheers!
Marcin
gone soft

Re: Crackling when modulating REZON - can it be fixed?

Post by gone soft »

MarcinHA wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:04 am Hello!

It can be changed!

This plugin was designed deliberately to be glitchy in that way, but if that is something that doesn't work for you (I guess there might be more users like you) I can change that or at least add as an option.

Btw -it took me so long to find this post because I don't check the forum to often. There's support email in the documentation - please use this one next time ;)

cheers!
Marcin
Hi, an option would be nice. I can certainly see cases where I'd want maximum glitch, and there are times where I'd prefer smooth.

Other manufacturers have a "Contact manufacturer" option directly on the product page, not seeing one it seemed to me this forum was the natural way to get in touch.

Return to “Hype Audio”