Time to abandon ship?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
student9v

Re: Time to abandon ship?

Post by student9v »

cherryMitch wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm Sampler is coming very soon, and it's REALLY cool (well, we think so).
Thank you, really looking forward to!

I see new modules in the store:

PSP: Rotary, nitroNoise (included in the bundle)
Vult: 8 modules (2 free)
Free module Formant Filter from Autoodaf

It's great!
bouz

Post by bouz »

Abandon ship?
Well i was thinking of that too. I was hoping that VM worked as a plug in in Reason. But that problem is not solved. Propellerhead has to do something about that. I send them a mail but no answer back?
So now i use VM stand alone with loop midi and routing audio with my audio card. But that is not ideal. The cv options in Reason are great to use in combination with VM.
The looks GUI of VM looks familiar to reason users. That was what i immediately liked a lot. And it sounds great. The support in the shop by 3th party developers is growing. More modules on the way.
So now hoping the vst problem with and by Reason will be solved in the future, then I will use VM more than now.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

It is important to note that the issue with Reason is only on Windows. We have a workaround planned...but yes, it would be nice if they fixed it on their end. They have not responded to us, as well. We are about to get some good magazine reviews and write-ups...maybe that'll get their attention. (=
antic604

Post by antic604 »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:50 pm It is important to note that the issue with Reason is only on Windows. We have a workaround planned...but yes, it would be nice if they fixed it on their end. They have not responded to us, as well. We are about to get some good magazine reviews and write-ups...maybe that'll get their attention. (=
Great to hear that! :)
bouz

Post by bouz »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:50 pm It is important to note that the issue with Reason is only on Windows. We have a workaround planned...but yes, it would be nice if they fixed it on their end. They have not responded to us, as well. We are about to get some good magazine reviews and write-ups...maybe that'll get their attention. (=
Good to hear that Cherry Audio has an workaround planned.
Hopefully, Propellerhead will do there part too.
I will send them a mail again.
josep

Post by josep »

antic604 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm Now I don't mind the price that I've paid considering the wealth of stuff I got for it
I've paid the same for the same wealth of stuff ... but it's not everything lost!
By just 30$ you can NOW control Voltage Modular from VCV Rack !!!!
Watch this and you'll know how ...

VCV Host Overview & First Patch by Omri Cohen

The proof (VCV Rack LFO-1 modulating VM Oscillator's Frequency):

VOLTAGE MODULAR SIDE:

VCV RACK SIDE:

antic604

Post by antic604 »

josep wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pmBy just 30$ you can NOW control Voltage Modular from VCV Rack !!!!
Why, though? What's the point of running VSTs inside VCV? It's completely the opposite of what I'm interested in. What next - DAW inside VCV?
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

antic604 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm
josep wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pmBy just 30$ you can NOW control Voltage Modular from VCV Rack !!!!
Why, though? What's the point of running VSTs inside VCV? It's completely the opposite of what I'm interested in. What next - DAW inside VCV?
Just tested - Voltage Modular works inside VCV - FL Studio didn't :P

Did some further tests, will post in a separate, less apocalyptic titled thread.
josep

Post by josep »

antic604 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm What's the point of running VSTs inside VCV?
Sorry for the delay, Antic

Yes, i thought the same as you ... but after seeing Omri Cohen's video i thought to myself "Yep! The ability to treat any vst and/or vst-effect as any other module opens a world of possibilities!! ... And there's a lot of VSTs out there (either commercial or free), some of them very experimental with regard to sound manipulation ... So why not?" ... And i bought it ;) :D ... And i was so excited that when i visit the forum after a couple of weeks or so since my last visit and saw your post (with which i fully agree) i thought sharing my excitement with you and all our fellow VMers in the forum.
NothanUmber wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:39 pm Just tested - Voltage Modular works inside VCV - FL Studio didn't :P
Did some further tests, will post in a separate, less apocalyptic titled thread.
Of course i'll take a look at your comments! ;)

BTW i've noticed that VCV Rack doesn't save VST state with the patch, once the patch is reloaded VST it's always in its default state (Mac/Win) ... Is this happening to you also?
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

josep wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm BTW i've noticed that VCV Rack doesn't save VST state with the patch, once the patch is reloaded VST it's always in its default state (Mac/Win) ... Is this happening to you also?
Hm, works for me, it restores Voltage modular in the state I left it. Same with Bidule (haven't done extensive tests beyond that).
Tested on Win64 with VM 1.0.9 and VCV 0.62c (both the latest official versions).

Return to “Voltage Modular”