DCO-106 Updated wipes complete VST-Folder!!!

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
TASUKETE MUSIC

DCO-106 Updated wipes complete VST-Folder!!!

Post by TASUKETE MUSIC »

The DCO-Update erased my complete VST-Folder with all other VSTs!!!! Everything is gone except the DCO-DLL!!!! Is there any possibilities to restore these dlls?? Otherswise it will be many hours of restoring everything and someone will definately pay for this catastrophy!!!!

For all DCO-Users: Don´t do the Update as long as the DCO-DLL is placed in the same folder as your other VSTs!!!!

My OS is Windows 10 / DAW Ableton and REASON 10
Last edited by TASUKETE MUSIC on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingMod

Re: DCO-106 Updated wipes complete VST-Folder!!!

Post by HowlingMod »

thanks for mention this!

a BIG WARNING is now necessary, wiping a folder is bad... very bad...
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
BoB SwanS

Post by BoB SwanS »

Thanks for reporting, Never had anything like this in all my years of using VST's
So annoying.

I have tried to submit a ticket but fail everytime.

Just to add some more info-
The update installed itself through the GUI, Then in the top right It had a message advising that the update would be applied when a new instance was opened. So I closed down the instance I had open and the installer instantly opened up. I followed the usual process and now I'm screwed.
BoB SwanS

Post by BoB SwanS »

For anyone struggling with this, someone on KVR suggested using RECUVA
It will help you get most of your files back, It will take a while though.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi all,

Here's a message from Dan:
All,
Unfortunately, some code in the latest Windows installer designed to remove an old file malfunctioned massively for a couple of users, who had previously installed DCO-106 to a custom folder, and deleted other files in that custom folder. We were alerted to this at 4AM PST. We immediately pulled down the installer, removed the offending code, and published a new installer, ensuring this problem won't happen again for anyone else.
I can't apologize enough for this. We hold ourselves to a very high standard, we have a top-notch QA department, and we don't ever release any product that hasn't been thoroughly tested, but unfortunately this issue required a very specific, unique set of circumstances to occur, and we never caught it until it was too late. For those that have been affected by this, you have my sincere apologies, and we'll find a way to make it up to you. I'm grateful to hear that you can use Recuva, as described above, to recover the deleted files. This is humbling for us, and we will not let anything like this happen again, ever.

If you've been affected by this and haven't contacted our customer support, please do immediately, so we can help.
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
If you've experienced this issue, please contact us directly here: https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

When it rains, it pours - if you have trouble submitting a support request, click the little chat option that looks like three dots in the lower right corner of the "send us a message" screen and write your message there.

Greg
BoB SwanS

Post by BoB SwanS »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 pm Hi,

When it rains, it pours - if you have trouble submitting a support request, click the little chat option that looks like three dots in the lower right corner of the "send us a message" screen and write your message there.

Greg
I did this and my ticket just got closed
Ticket number - 306651

EDIT -

UPDATE FROM DAN

Sigh. So, the support form is run by a third-party service that we use, and apparently they're having some issue with their support form. According to them, "This issue has been identified as a defect and it is currently being addressed by our Engineering team." What a day.

When it rains, it pours, right?

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

I just replied to your email. It might take a bit of time to reach you.

Greg
BoB SwanS

Post by BoB SwanS »

I just replied to yours several times, just to be safe :D

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”