midi drumtrigger question

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
farbstoff-fabrik

midi drumtrigger question

Post by farbstoff-fabrik »

Hi there,

I am new to this board and new to voltage modular. I have a question about the midi drumtrigger module.

I use the midi trigger drum module because i prefer to draw my drumtracks in the pianoroll (fl studio). I hooked up the drumtriggers to misfits audio drummodules which work perfectly. I also want to use the accents. I used a boolean logic module "AND" to trigger accent when the normal and accented value is hit. This way I can program my accents for the drum pattern seperately. *BUT* both the accented and normal value is triggered. Is this the way to work this module, or is there a more simple work around?
Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel.PNG (235.66 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Hope to hear from you.

Matt
schoekah

Re: midi drumtrigger question

Post by schoekah »

assign the accent another note in FL, and use a second MIDI drum trigger connected directly to the accent jack (skipping the boolean)?
farbstoff-fabrik

Ah! of course... :lol: why do I always try to find the most difficult way to do stuff.

:arrow: second trigger for all accented notes!
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

right on!
farbstoff-fabrik

So in the end I fixed it using the VELocity which is connected to the threshold module (4,80 volts) the a AND-boolean.
Velocity in the pianoroll indicated the accent triggers. Velocity of 90% or under it triggers a normal volume.

Quite simple afterall :lol:

See the setup:
drum.PNG
drum.PNG (290.8 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

I dunno man - I think that's pretty clever - thanks very much for posting your cool solution!
farbstoff-fabrik

schoekah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 am I dunno man - I think that's pretty clever - thanks very much for posting your cool solution!
Thanks mate. I guess its all about sharing, so everyone can use VM to its fullest power. :D
farbstoff-fabrik

Ah in the end my solution was different. See facebook's VM page for the setup in FL and the VM patch.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2689074 ... 474210938/

Return to “Voltage Modular”