Well done on 2.0.22

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
andro

Well done on 2.0.22

Post by andro »

Very quiet response to this release. I just want to say well done and thanks. I appreciate the continuous improvement that is happening. Looking forward to trying out a _real_ editor with VM Designer.

Since there are over 100,000 users, it is surprising these forums are so dead. How about moving to Discourse as I eternally pester about? It so much more way attractive to end users I am sure the community would blossom under it. Seriously. People take one look at Jurassic Period PHP bulletin boards and just run away. With all these nice new code releases, give us a decent forum platform and the People shall Rejoice.
schoekah

Re: Well done on 2.0.22

Post by schoekah »

ooh, bait and switch! (don't disagree though)
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

+1
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

Discourse is a nice platform, but if I was CA I would host the forum on KVR as the posts show to everyone so as well as existing users discussing things your software is constantly being promoted/exposed to potential new users, I know Bitwig has gained quite a few new users this way, and KVR is a decent platform.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm but if I was CA I would host the forum on KVR as the posts show to everyone so as well as existing users discussing things your software is constantly being promoted/exposed to potential new users,
good idea! (although I do like the idea of subforums for developers, etc, and not sure that kvr has room for that) - I'm on kvr anyhow. . . I haven't yet clicked with muffwiggler or gearslutz, so can't say that those are good destinations for ca forums, although muffwiggler, if CA on there took off, would allow for tons of crossover conversations with hardware modular - the more cross-pollination the better!
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

KVR does have sub forums (there is one in bitwig for hardware scripts). Muffwigglers is very hardware focused, there isn’t that much activity in the software sub, but if I was CA I would be posting there every time I updated! KVR is definitely the hub for all things ‘software’ related to music....it’s not perfect, but it’s busy!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Here's the KVR forum for Cherry Audio: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=296

Thanks for the feedback!

We're still looking at our options for these forums. It's not top priority, because phpBB still does the job. I doubt that changing the forum hosting software would necessarily create more forum traffic, but you never know. At any rate, it's still something we're still looking at.

Greg
sincostan

Post by sincostan »

I see no problem with this forum software. Works fine.

Return to “Voltage Modular”