Feature Request: Plugin host inputs/outputs

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
HowlingMod

Feature Request: Plugin host inputs/outputs

Post by HowlingMod »

for the plugin host:

multiple outs, especially for FX, that have multiple outputs.
and multiple inputs... is that usefull..?

it is simple (the recquest..)
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
wavemechanic

Re: Feature Request: Plugin host inputs/outputs

Post by wavemechanic »

There are already 4 plugin inputs and 4 outputs in Plug-In Host.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

wavemechanic wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 pm There are already 4 plugin inputs and 4 outputs in Plug-In Host.
but they work not as multiple outputs. i have tried it. maybe i did something wrong. i shall try again. maybe it is the plugin.
but i have FX plugin with 8/4(stereo) outs.... for example.
there are instruments with more then 4 mono outputs.
inputs are also important, i believe never tried, strangely enough, i think the 4 inputs, go to the main stereo inputs of a vsti..

i shall test it, the behavior, long time ago, because it was my purpose to make effects, but because it worked problematic in my main daw, it did quite different things with it. it now works, almost, flawless in my main daw. (why don't use the other daw's, yes i use them...)

EDIT: the 4 outputs are indeed seperate outputs, i tested with the wrong plugin, always, who also has multiple outputs, but settings wrong.

i can load reason vst rack, complex-1, europa synt, seperate outputs, midi is another thing, didn't test it.

but is only for testing...

but still more outputs and inputs... for heavy routing.... almost daw like...
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

So you are requesting more inputs and outputs, or at least more outputs? That's reasonable and I'd +1 it.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

wavemechanic wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:02 pm So you are requesting more inputs and outputs, or at least more outputs? That's reasonable and I'd +1 it.
thanks! it will make VM, also for standalone, more powerfull.

elevo

Post by elevo »

Hi there,
I also desperately need more outputs!
I´ve build a megapatch with 9 interconnected sound sources (3 synths, bass and drums). It´s a never ending jazzy-improvising groove machine. To be able to make a song out of this in my DAW, I need now to record the 9 voices to 9 different tracks. Unfortunately this is impossible with only 4 outputs.

Please Cherry audio, add more outputs! I´ve spent weeks to build this monster of a patch...

Thanks a lot!!

Return to “Voltage Modular”