Background clearing fault.

JackOats

Background clearing fault.

Post by JackOats »

Hi All,

I am working in the Module Designer (v.2.0.17). When I click on Background & select the Clear button, so I can try a new design, the first image will not clear. Have tried several ways to persuade MD to load up a new image - without success so far. :x

Anyone else experiencing this annoying little trait?
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
terrymcg

Re: Background clearing fault.

Post by terrymcg »

As a work-around, have you tried switching to a solid color background, then back to an image?

I think I remember having a similar problem when working on an image (in an external editor), then trying to get VMD to load the edited image again (from a file of the same name). IIRC, doing the image-solid color-image dance worked for me in that case.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

Hi Terry,
have you tried switching to a solid color background, then back to an image?
Thanks for that. Yes, I have tried this. It usually works - well, has done in the past. Also tried 'Save As', then turning VMD off & counting up to 10 and turning on - but nothing seems to be working at the moment. Well, if my Mac is not at fault, may I respectfully request that the CA Dev department look into this to see if it can be fixed. I can't proceed until this gets ironed out. :cry:
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

JackOats wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:18 am Thanks for that. Yes, I have tried this. It usually works - well, has done in the past. Also tried 'Save As', then turning VMD off & counting up to 10 and turning on - but nothing seems to be working at the moment.
Bummer :(

Does the same thing happen in a new/empty project, or is it specific to a particular project?

Fwiw, I don't seem to be able to reproduce the behavior on my (Win10), hopefully CA will have a fix for you ASAP.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

Does the same thing happen in a new/empty project, or is it specific to a particular project?
It happens quite regularly, across the board (and has done right from the time I bought VMD in June last year).
I thought it was just a 'teething problem' so didn't mind figuring out workarounds, but it's becoming a real problem for me now.
hopefully CA will have a fix for you ASAP.
Well, I certainly hope so.

Thanks Terry.

Return to “Module Designer”