Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Yup, everybody who reverted to v1 for CPU reasons should give v2 another shot now.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Yup, everybody who reverted to v1 should give v2 another shot now.

Greg
sksherman

Post by sksherman »

I ran .17 through the "Dreamy Cathedral" preset in "Vector Presets". As mentioned with the earlier release, it stopped stuttering on my system when I went from 8 voices to 5. Now, I can bump it up to 6 voices without stuttering.

Looking at CPU load, I do NOT see the overloading of CPU 7 that I saw previously. Rather, the load seems more balanced across all processors now. In addition, what stuttering does occur seems less frequent, when it happens at higher voice count. So, it looks to me like the issue has definitely been addressed.

I also noticed the massive updates of the existing modules. In my opinion, this release of VM and related modules is a true game changer.

I have a great arsenal of plugins, too many still dying for further exploration. And, there are still plenty of new,, innovative and great solutions out there yet to explore.

But, the game changer here is, what CAN'T I do with VM2? It seems to be getting harder to answer that question. And, that is not only mind-blowing but enabling in the best possible ways.

Good job! :)

Steve
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

sexy update! CPU supra efficiency! proper spaghetti monster invocation patches now possible :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hamatabe

Post by hamatabe »

CPU problem is solved.
So I bought a Bundle.
Thank you.
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Just got my W7 touchscreen PC up and running with the new SSD, and yes, with the new VM2.17 installed and the SSD the performance is so much better, as yet only very few patches have minor glitches and stuttering, whereas before it was most of them. Did a system performance check on old system and it came back as 5.4 on this setup with the SSD it is now 6.7, a massive jump. Using VM2.17 is so much quicker in opening adding modules and tweaking stuff as I am recording. I use 2 PC's, one to record (W10 64bit) and one for synths (W7 64bit) Also using Novation Ultranova or Roland D05 as ASIO controllers using the built in audio interface. I also use Waldorf Blofeld and Microkorg XL+ and an ARQ48 for any outboard sounds.

Great work Cherry Audio. Keep it coming.
Kozzerog

Post by Kozzerog »

Cherry Dan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:24 pm Today we've released Voltage Modular 2.0.17. This update brings significant performance improvements to Voltage Modular 2. In addition, we've fixed several bugs affecting both the plug-in and stand-alone version, and we've continued to make improvements throughout the software. You can find a complete list of changes on the Voltage Modular version history page:

https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular ... on-history

Voltage Modular 2.0.17 is available now on our download page: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/download

Owners of the Voltage Modular Core package will discover a new FREE module in their library: Octal Switch. This endlessly-useful utility module provides a convenient set of 8 voltage-controllable switches/gates, which can be very useful for introducing and removing various signals to your patch.

As you explore Voltage Modular 2.0, you'll continue to find improvements to existing modules. Take a look at the updated Sample and Hold module, and you'll find that it now features a built-in, overrideable white noise source, and a clock output. Voltage Modular 2.0 is all about doing more with fewer cables and less clutter, and we'll be continuing to improve existing modules while we push the boundaries of software modular synthesis further!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Performance improved noticeably on my Ryzen 2500u machine! Decided to reward Cherry by copping a bundle. But I still think theres room for improvement, especially on Ryzen machines, so I hope more CPU performance tweaks will come in the future.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Some modules might be eating up more CPU than others, so see if you can notice any specific patterns.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”