Posting images

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
andro

Posting images

Post by andro »

This must be the most frequently asked FAQ ever. How do I post images? I am aware of the [img] tags. No links work. As an ordinary board user, am I debarred?

[When are we moving to Discourse as I offered to help where this is dead simple and just not an issue for people?]
josephbottinger

Re: Posting images

Post by josephbottinger »

I simply dragged and dropped a file into the editor, and it added it to the attachments for me. Image attached was done exactly in that manner. I went to the attachments section and told it to "place inline" to generate the inline link.
Screenshot 2020-05-26 10.29.28.png
Screenshot 2020-05-26 10.29.28.png (605.35 KiB) Viewed 2871 times
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

HI,

You can also start a reply, then select the Attachments tab down below.

The img tags work if you have a URL with a displayable image.

Greg
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

When you start a new thread or reply to one you will see the Attachments tab below the field where you enter your text. Click on that tab and then on the Add files button to open a file dialog. Select the image you want to include and click Open or double-click it. The file will appear in the attachment list and will be visible below your post for everyone to download. If you want to place an image inline with your text, set the text cursor to where you want the image to appear and click Place inline down in the attachment list next to the image you want to appear in your post.
When you're done it should look something like this:
Screenshot (226).jpg
Screenshot (226).jpg (188.69 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
andro

Post by andro »

Thank you all for great help. Much appreciated.

For some reason, using imgbox etc does not work for me with [imag] tags. Don't know why.
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

andro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:06 am Thank you all for great help. Much appreciated.
No problem ;)
andro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:06 am For some reason, using imgbox etc does not work for me with [imag] tags. Don't know why.
Hmm, this is odd. I just uploaded my logo to imgbox and copy and pasted the link from the src attribute in the img tag from the HTML code into the img tag here in the forum's bb-code and it works just fine:

imgbox.jpg
imgbox.jpg (89.99 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
bbcode.jpg
bbcode.jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

andro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:06 am For some reason, using imgbox etc does not work for me with [imag] tags. Don't know why.
Hi,

Is the image on a server that allows image hosting? Some servers disable that to avoid extra bandwidth.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”