Beta testing

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
JayBee6244

Beta testing

Post by JayBee6244 »

@CA team.

It’s a shame that some of the issues with VM2 dampened the launch party, but as the platform and user-base grows so does the expectation - especially for those of us heavily invested (money/time/both) in VM for our music production.

I don’t know what your internal QA process looks like, but as a veteran of the software development industry myself I can see that a lot of the frustrations about VM2 would have been entirely avoided with a limited public beta comprising us VM users with different platforms and use-cases.

I’d be happy to help here, as I’m sure would many VMers.

Please consider.
andro

Re: Beta testing

Post by andro »

+1, as another software developer.
josephbottinger

Post by josephbottinger »

Me three, ALSO as a software developer.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Yes, we had the same discussion. We are taking steps to ensure that this mistake doesn't happen again, including a beta team. We have another update coming, as well. :)
JayBee6244

Post by JayBee6244 »

Great, thanks for the update. Do let me know if I can assist with any beta team.
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 pm We have another update coming, as well. :)
Nice! 8-)
andro

Post by andro »

Make that an inhouse beat team and a selected public beta team. End users are the best punishment for software. It's funny how you can have a team of ten super brilliant developers produce a program with no bugs and you give it to a user and they crash it in ten minutes. I have studied this phenomenon - it's because the mindsets are different.

Hopefully not only VM can improve but also your development process. The highly public nature of the mistakes in VM 2.0 cant be good for company image.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I'd like to volunteer for the public beta team. Not a developer, unless you count shell scripts. :P

Return to “Voltage Modular”