VM2 won't start (Win10, Cubase 10) (Resolved)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
c0nan

VM2 won't start (Win10, Cubase 10) (Resolved)

Post by c0nan »

Hi,

I contacted support but only received the "we're working on a MAC update"-response, which doesn't really help me since I'm on windows :ugeek: So maybe someone on here had similar issues and can help me out. I'll just copy my support mail:

---
Hi, first of all thanks for the great upgrade. Unfortunately VM2 won't start. I went through the upgrade process. That didn't work, so I uninstalled und installed the new version manually. The standalone app doesn't do anything on Win10 (which is uptodate). It doesn't even appear in the Task Manager. VST3 causes a 'serious error' message in Cubase 10 (please see attached file for CrashDump), VST2 gets blacklisted and can't be reactivated. I installed and started the program as administrator. I cleaned the registry after the 2nd uninstall. No success either way. Went back to VM1 and that one works. Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Cubase 10.0.60, Win10, i5 4590, 16GB RAM, 1050GTX
---

Sooo, is anyone familiar with that behaviour?
sincostan

Re: VM2 won't start (Win10, Cubase 10)

Post by sincostan »

Same problem. V2 doesn't start. Even not in Standalone mode in Win10. Would love to hear a workaround. So eager to try it!
sincostan

Post by sincostan »

I had a look at the VM files and found log files that said that something is not found in the preset folder. I deleted the whole C:\Users\'name'\AppData\Roaming\Voltage folder and installed it again. Now it's starting.

Seems like that some leftover from VM1 created the problem.
c0nan

Post by c0nan »

Man, you made my day! Everything seems to be working now. Well, except for the little button that should switch the view of the gear column. That one is crashing the programm. I think I read about that issue on KVR. Anyway, thanks a lot. Gotta start fiddling now :mrgreen:
sincostan

Post by sincostan »

great 8-)
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We're pretty sure we've fixed this crash for the upcoming build. Were you in spreadsheet / table view in the Library? This would explain things.
c0nan

Post by c0nan »

It was the default setting with the columns spread. But yes, it's working with the new update now. Thanks :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”