Skin Editor blank

andro

Skin Editor blank

Post by andro »

Using VMD 1.3.16, first time trying Skin Editor, all the items are blank. Is that normal? I just want to customise some knobs. I would have thought you could edit the existing factory set. What am I missing?
andro

Re: Skin Editor blank

Post by andro »

Whoa. I see what is going on. I installed into D: drive but on reinstalling I looked carefully and it puts some stuff in D: drive and then switches to C: drive. It's a schemozzle. Now that is surely a bug. Now I can't seem to untangle this in Windows 10. Can I report this?
andro

Post by andro »

Ah, I apologise for a degree of stupidity here. I now see you have to choose a background image for the object, else the panel is blank.

But what I want to do is add colour schemes to Ramps, and now I can't see how to do that. Ramps don't appear in the Skin Designer.

Again, apologies for all this newbie lack of clarity.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

You could create a skin with colour ramp in any graphics program. That picture you can load as module front. Please mention valid pixel rate (see VMD doc files).
andro

Post by andro »

seal58 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:10 pm You could create a skin with colour ramp in any graphics program. That picture you can load as module front. Please mention valid pixel rate (see VMD doc files).
But the Ramps I am referring to are the dial scales that indicate the current value with a colour change. Not a static image. There's about 60 or 70, but some colour combos are missing (of the finite set of colours in the set).
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Sorry, that was a missunderstanding. I don't know how to edit knob scale ramps.
andro

Post by andro »

Ramp editing, anybody? Cherry Audio?

Return to “Module Designer”