Which bundle(s)?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
dryjoy

Which bundle(s)?

Post by dryjoy »

Hi

I’ve got a birthday coming up, I’ve downloaded the currently free Voltage Modular and basic selection of modules, and I’m thinking of treating myself to one or two bundles. I’m probably looking to spend up to $100 or so.

I’m not new to software modular, and the basic set of modules is a bit disappointing, because many of the modules seem to have few if any parameters that can be modulated with CV.

Can anyone recommend a bundle that covers the basic, bread and butter type modules (oscillators, filters, LFOs, EGs and so on), but ones that have a decent selection of modulatable controls?

I might also pick up some more unusual things at the same time, depending on cash.

Thanks in advance for your help.
dasmode

Re: Which bundle(s)?

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    dryjoy

Post by dryjoy »

Ah, thanks for that - that’s pretty revolutionary for me! Puts a different spin on things.

Ok, so I’m probably going to spend my money on more of a selection of ‘interesting’ modules, then!
    schoekah

Post by schoekah »

check your email and see if you have a coupon in there for a big discount on the cherry audio core + drums upgrade - lots of indispensable utilities in there, like 1x8 switches, quantizer, drum sequencer, clock and sync stuff, super lfo, etc.

Happy birthday!
    sdv

Post by sdv »

With $100 you have to go with the Core package ($50) and PSP Ultimate ($50). After that, Macaulay Ultimate, then Vult's two bundles then Bernard Mini's. You'd have a toolkit to last a l-o-n-g time.
    dryjoy

Post by dryjoy »

Thanks for the recommendations. PSP Ultimate does look like a great collection of useful and interesting modules to go with the core collection. I think those two alone will be a lot of fun.

Return to “Voltage Modular”