Suggested New Module/s

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
PaleSkinnySwede

Re: Suggested New Module/s

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

evo2slo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:22 pm I'm not able to see the image you posted for some reason, but I'll send you a DM for the patch. Thanks!

I was messing around some more with it and found that the PSP eFeMerizer allows a pretty easy workaround for a six voice unison with chords. Ran all the poly pitch outputs to the inputs of two eFeM modules, set them all to the same waveform and tweaked the freq shift controls for detuning. I'd still prefer a single module like the Poly Unison (with poly inputs) for this though.

edit: Doesn't look like I've participated enough to send a DM yet. Better get busy and then get back to you. ;)
Updated the screenshot location and posted my reply here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=570

Any admin can feel free to delete my posts in this thread to keep it clean. Sorry for the off-topic ;)
whywhy

Post by whywhy »

Plus 1 for some Buchla modules inspiration. I would like a poly S & H too.
More CV input and attenuators !
cherryMitch

Post by cherryMitch »

Hey all,

We've discussed idea for almost all of the modules mentioned here and they certainly may be on the horizon. Definitely talking about "west coast" type modules. As for the Mutable stuff, also discussed, it's not an easy port :( but it's still a possibility moving forward.

We do take suggestions seriously - keep 'em coming and we'll refer back to these posts.
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Then I'd love to see a port of Marbles among the first. VM really lacks a nice random module while there are plenty of oscillators and filter already. Please, please, pretty please with a Cherry on top :D
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

For those asking for a polyphonic notch filter, the MRB poly Laboratory Filter has you covered. Turn up the LP and HP knobs, set to 2-pole with low Q, and there ya go. Is there anything this filter can't do?

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/p ... ratory-vcf

For those wanting poly unison, check out the new poly Dual Sawtooth Animator. Each section can give you up to 5 oscillators per note.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/p ... h-animator

For randomness "source of uncertainty" needs, please see the new Laboratory Noise module which features 4 different noise outputs including 2 that are great for SOU purposes.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/laboratory-noise

All of these modules are part of the MRB Laboratory Bundle which has been permanently price reduced to $79. You won't find "filler" utility modules here. Every module is a useful workhorse. 3 modules were recently added and there are more to come.
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Just purchased your amazing bundle for voltage modular. I would love to see a poly version of

Laboratory Modular Voice

Laboratory Voice

I am new to modular stuff but your pack is so easy to use. Many thanks to you guys.
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Hi Tarkus1971,

I'm replying to you because your user name is my favorite album of all time! Many years ago I had an ELP tribute band (I was Emerson). My wife and I used to pal around with Keith in the 90s. We used to play duets and stuff and we both miss him terribly.

Thanks so much for purchasing the Lab Bundle. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I would love to do polyphonic versions of the Voice modules, but unfortunately, there are so many other exciting modules on my list that I want to do first (some will land in the Lab Bundle and they will magically appear in your inventory for free). There are many polyphonic presets in the preset bundles to get you going, so you shouldn't have any trouble becoming a polyphonic monster synthesist. I'm always here to answer any and all questions you may have. Post them here, or contact me directly through the Contact Manufacturer link in the store. Most of all, have fun!
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

A fellow ELP fan, nice to hear. I see some of the preset are very Keith Emerson, and spot on, I have various "normal" hardware synths, blofeld, ultranova, roland d05 and korg XL+ but the modular from voltage and your pack are amazing. Look forward to using this synth much much more. Thanks for the reply.
JayBee6244

Post by JayBee6244 »

Just wanted to bump this topic and get latest thoughts on ports of Mutable/Audible Instruments to VM? Definitely has to be top of my wish list for VM. In their current absence - what are the closest existing modules for Plaits, Grids, Marbles, Ripples, Tides?

Probably these are the only things keeping VCV on my computer.
sdv

Post by sdv »

JayBee6244 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 am Just wanted to bump this topic and get latest thoughts on ports of Mutable/Audible Instruments to VM? Definitely has to be top of my wish list for VM. In their current absence - what are the closest existing modules for Plaits, Grids, Marbles, Ripples, Tides?

Probably these are the only things keeping VCV on my computer.
I mentioned the Mutable plugs on the Facebook group and the reply from most devs was that turning the free source code from C++ to Java was overly complicated. So, no one took me up on it. But, maybe some other cool things are in the works at cherry HQ. I for one would love to see the Geodesic line from VCV ported to VM (those modules are very fascinating).

But, apparently some super cool new modules are on the way from CA. I'm stoked to see what goodies are to be released!
Last edited by sdv on Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Voltage Modular”