FR: Wish list for V2

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
sdv

Re: FR: Wish list for V2

Post by sdv »

miaousse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 pm 1) you can save a cabinet with all modules patched together and recall it
Yes. the Cabinet feature is nice but what I'm describing is like a "mini-cabinet"; where one doesn't have to load an entire row of modules but rather just a few. As it is, if I put together say four modules to perform a functions then I'd have to create a new cabinet, move those modules to it, save the cabinet, move those modules back to where they were, load that entire cabinet up next time, repeat the process...
It would be much easier to select the four modules and "Save as Container" then be able to load that container patch in future projects.

It's really a workflow enhancement idea.
sdv

Post by sdv »

Benard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:05 am
sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:53 pm
nekomatic wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:08 pm

You have Coder from Ben Davis and Formula from Cherry Audio which you can find in the Core bundle
Those are indeed groovy modules but I'm thinking of a Meta-Math module where all the options are in a single module, similar to the [url=
https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/free-pack-details] Toybox modules Utilities and Logic & Math[/url] modules.
Just in case you're not aware of it, there is also the Benard Sign module, which lets you subtract and add two signals, get the min and max of the two, and also does inversion, and half and full rectification.
Ohh, I didn't know that module was available. I'll go have a look-see. Thanks!
sdv

Post by sdv »

SimonOR wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:43 pm
sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 1) Desperately need a 'Container' feature. I need to be able to group various modules together into a single container (with cables connected to each other) which can be saved and loaded easily into a cabinet,
miaousse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 pm 1) you can save a cabinet with all modules patched together and recall it
What I would like, and I'm not sure whether this is what sdv has in mind, is for the 'container' (or whatever the best term is) to have defined inputs and outputs, concealing the contained modules in a single container module. The encapsulated modules would be exposed for editing by 'opening up' the container. This is more sophisticated that VM's existing saved cabinet feature. In Max, the patcher object provides this functionality: see the 'Basic encapsulation' section in https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/tutoria ... cchapter14.

Simon
That would be an enhancement on my idea for a Container. But, I like that idea as well to help with cable management and workflow.
sdv

Post by sdv »

SimonOR wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:55 pm
sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 5) A Macro Bank module,
What is a Macro Bank module? Does it relate to the request for VM's Perform knobs to be be able to act as macro controls, as discussed in thread Feature suggestion. Macro controls?

Simon
Yep, that's fairly similar in idea. a Macro Module where assignments can be saved and loaded into future projects would be ace!
sdv

Post by sdv »

SimonOR wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:05 pm
sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 6) A Multi-waveform Oscilloscope (this needs to be in the Core package),
That sounds like Weevil's Multi Oscilloscope, which has worked well for me, though it could do with some documentation.

Simon
Yep, I've seen that one. And while it looks to b adequate enough I think a Cherry developed one with their trademark look-n-feel it would be a good Core offering (ppl shouldn't have to continually purchase 3rd party modules for basic features). Also, it would be nice to see colored waveforms overlayed in addition to individual rows.
Last edited by sdv on Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

sdv wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:30 pm Ohh, I didn't know that module was available. I'll go have a look-see. Thanks!
The Math Bundle just got released. Maybe that might interest you as well.
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
sdv

Post by sdv »

honki-bobo wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:05 pm
sdv wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:30 pm Ohh, I didn't know that module was available. I'll go have a look-see. Thanks!
The Math Bundle just got released. Maybe that might interest you as well.
Oh yes, now that IS interesting!! Thanks for the heads up! Something new in the store almost everyday!
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

jmatos wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:01 am - Better, more streamlined search options. Clearer view of the modules in the library and their functions
- Detachable Library window, so you can have it open on a second screen
YES, PLEASE.

Return to “Voltage Modular”