FR: Wish list for V2

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
sdv

FR: Wish list for V2

Post by sdv »

Here are a few thoughts for Core features (not 3rd party dev) to bring Voltage up to speed with the likes of Reaktor & VCV and mave VM more usable (for me anyways)::

1) Desperately need a 'Container' feature. I need to be able to group various modules together into a single container (with cables connected to each other) which can be saved and loaded easily into a cabinet,
2) Snapshots for sequencers,
3) Multi-Sample Mapper for samplers,
4) A MATH module ( where we can Sum, Multiply, Subtract, etc... signals),
5) A Macro Bank module,
6) A Multi-waveform Oscilloscope (this needs to be in the Core package),
7) Octagon - can the pitch slider handles be colored, say orange? These handles are almost impossible to see (black on black background).

What's on your wish list?
nekomatic

Re: FR: Wish list for V2

Post by nekomatic »

sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 4) A MATH module ( where we can Sum, Multiply, Subtract, etc... signals),
You have Coder from Ben Davis and Formula from Cherry Audio which you can find in the Core bundle
miaousse

Post by miaousse »

1) you can save a cabinet with all modules patched together and recall it
sdv

Post by sdv »

nekomatic wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:08 pm
sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 4) A MATH module ( where we can Sum, Multiply, Subtract, etc... signals),
You have Coder from Ben Davis and Formula from Cherry Audio which you can find in the Core bundle
Those are indeed groovy modules but I'm thinking of a Meta-Math module where all the options are in a single module, similar to the [url=
https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/free-pack-details] Toybox modules Utilities and Logic & Math[/url] modules.
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

In no particular order:

- Better, more streamlined search options. Clearer view of the modules in the library and their functions
- Detachable Library window, so you can have it open on a second screen
- More Audio Inputs on standalone mode
- Keep improving the already nice workflow
- Clock module with 3-4 multiplied or divided (switchable) outputs
Benard

Post by Benard »

sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:53 pm
nekomatic wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Those are indeed groovy modules but I'm thinking of a Meta-Math module where all the options are in a single module, similar to the [url=
https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/free-pack-details] Toybox modules Utilities and Logic & Math[/url] modules.
Just in case you're not aware of it, there is also the Benard Sign module, which lets you subtract and add two signals, get the min and max of the two, and also does inversion, and half and full rectification.
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

Octagon - can the pitch slider handles be colored, say orange? These handles are almost impossible to see (black on black background).
Absolutely. When using Octagon I have to go to System Preferences/Display to turn up the screen brightness on my Mac - just can't see the slider handles at all!
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
SimonOR

Post by SimonOR »

sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 1) Desperately need a 'Container' feature. I need to be able to group various modules together into a single container (with cables connected to each other) which can be saved and loaded easily into a cabinet,
miaousse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 pm 1) you can save a cabinet with all modules patched together and recall it
What I would like, and I'm not sure whether this is what sdv has in mind, is for the 'container' (or whatever the best term is) to have defined inputs and outputs, concealing the contained modules in a single container module. The encapsulated modules would be exposed for editing by 'opening up' the container. This is more sophisticated that VM's existing saved cabinet feature. In Max, the patcher object provides this functionality: see the 'Basic encapsulation' section in https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/tutoria ... cchapter14.

Simon
SimonOR

Post by SimonOR »

sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 5) A Macro Bank module,
What is a Macro Bank module? Does it relate to the request for VM's Perform knobs to be be able to act as macro controls, as discussed in thread Feature suggestion. Macro controls?

Simon
SimonOR

Post by SimonOR »

sdv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm 6) A Multi-waveform Oscilloscope (this needs to be in the Core package),
That sounds like Weevil's Multi Oscilloscope, which has worked well for me, though it could do with some documentation.

Simon

Return to “Voltage Modular”