New sequencer module is out!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
fourways

Re: New sequencer module is out!

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:43 pm
I understand for "3." as below,
- This "Clock" works like a kind of Tap tempo things.
- Then, main "Clock in" will be ignored on the row which is receiving clock signal from their own clock in.
If I'm wrong, please correct me. :)
I'm glad to help. Thank you for listening! Yes, you're right about 3rd point. The main idea is to have different clocks ("bpm's" for each row), so the patch can be more complex. As another solution you can make just main Clock IN and 1 extra knob on the left side of each row - left side will multiply by 1.5, 2, 3, 4, etc. and right side will divide by same amounts. It's even more elegant. That way it's super easy to control instead of automating dividers, etc.

Another thing, you could consider different length for each row. To be more easy you can make it multiple by 4. That way different rows could have different lengths and that way we create a lot more rhythmic variations in seconds!

PS The more I'm using Vari-Step the more I create cool melodies. It's very creative and inspirational, just need a little bit more tricks in sleeve :) This is my go-to now for "scenes" of 3-4 oscillators, where 1 sequencer driving everything, so I just need to record it in DAW and chop :)
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

The "knobs for multiplier" is what I have not imagined. Maybe I can put both input jacks and knobs.

"Different length for each row" can be subtly difficult to implement. Just now, I cannot say do or not. (of course I will try!)

Thanks for more idea. :)
flucatcher

Post by flucatcher »

Late to the party. Tested it, liked it, bought it. Good stuff!
fourways

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 pm The "knobs for multiplier" is what I have not imagined. Maybe I can put both input jacks and knobs.

"Different length for each row" can be subtly difficult to implement. Just now, I cannot say do or not. (of course I will try!)

Thanks for more idea. :)
Thank you!
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

It's been a while from the last post and I want to put a report about progress. :)

Changing and adding
- Changed behavior of right mouse button
- Individual randomize button for "Trigger" and "Gate"
- A new parameter "Probability" for each step
- "Clock in" (main + each row)
- "Clock divider" (bpm multiplier?) (Values are "/8", "/4", "/2", "x0.75", "x1 (same)", "x2", "x4" and "x8")
- Offset and range control for randomizer
- Knobs for setting fixed value (div, gate, cv, prob.) and scaling current value (cv, prob.) for each row.

Many things are added and slight increase of the size of the module was inevitable (I think it's less problem since the size is very large from the beginning).

Currently thinking about how to implement "Different length for each row" feature. Please wait little more time.

Thanks!
fourways

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:41 pm It's been a while from the last post and I want to put a report about progress. :)

Changing and adding
- Changed behavior of right mouse button
- Individual randomize button for "Trigger" and "Gate"
- A new parameter "Probability" for each step
- "Clock in" (main + each row)
- "Clock divider" (bpm multiplier?) (Values are "/8", "/4", "/2", "x0.75", "x1 (same)", "x2", "x4" and "x8")
- Offset and range control for randomizer
- Knobs for setting fixed value (div, gate, cv, prob.) and scaling current value (cv, prob.) for each row.

Many things are added and slight increase of the size of the module was inevitable (I think it's less problem since the size is very large from the beginning).

Currently thinking about how to implement "Different length for each row" feature. Please wait little more time.

Thanks!
Just WOW! Can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much for your hard work!
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Ooooh, great news ! Fantastic ! Thank youuuu !!!

沖縄よりハイサイ !^^
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

> fourways, xuoham
Thank you for the comment!

I've just finished coding for new features and I'm going to move it on testing in a day or two. :)
If you can help beta testing, please send me your e-mail address. It'd be a great help.

Thanks!
fourways

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:21 am > fourways, xuoham
Thank you for the comment!

I've just finished coding for new features and I'm going to move it on testing in a day or two. :)
If you can help beta testing, please send me your e-mail address. It'd be a great help.

Thanks!
PM sent :)
fourways

Post by fourways »

1. Clock Inputs are working as expected

2. Scale multiplier/divider knob need *3, *5, /3 and /5 values also (will be great for techno music, for example)

3. Set all CV values by scale as well as all CV Value - great options!

4. Change gate lenghts with right mouse button - amazing. Just one thing. Is it possible to immediately change gate lenght if I right click on specific point of the gate? So for example I have 100% open gate and I know I need much shorter one. Instead of right drag from rigth edge of the gate and move the mouse half screen to the left it will be easier if I right click near the left side (start of the gate) in desired place and the gate will be that length. It's really minor, so if it's easy to implement it would be great, if not - no problem.

5.If I right click on the module and choose "Reset controls": not fully reset Vari-Step (triggers and CV remain on every row) and after it trigger randomization works strange (it changes not just trigger positions but gate lenghts as well).

6. OMG!!! Thank you for the lenght knob, AMAZING!

I didn't check probability and other functions yet, will do later today and give you my thoughts. Should I post it here or to your email?

One more time, thank you so much for adding these indispensable features very fast. Now I definitely know that I'll buy all of your modules for sure :) That amount of support and listening to FR's simply amazing!!!

Return to “Voltage Modular”