New sequencer module is out!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
fourways

Re: New sequencer module is out!

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 am I found a mistake in the code and fixed it.
An update is submitted for approval. Please wait...

Sorry for these critical bugs on the product. I should put it more on testing cycle and will do so next.

Thanks,
Thank you for your work, happy owner here :) If you need beta testers I'm always glad to help!
fourways

Post by fourways »

marltetz, could you please re-think the way we change the gate length? Using small knob is not very convenient and after couple minutes of work is slowing down the process. Maybe with left mouse click we could turn the gate on/off and with right click and drag change it's length? It will be much faster workflow. Or we could change the desired gate length with shift+left drag (if VM allows it). Is it possible?

Another suggestion will be a switch near gate randomize button to not just randomize gates, but also gate lengths. It would be really cool!

Also, maybe you could consider to add main Clock In, as well as 4 clock-ins for every row? I understand it can clutter the interface, but it will add a lot of power to this sequencer!

PS I found super small graphic glitch. When you zoom in fully there are some lines on your logo. Super minor, but still I would put it on the list to fix :)

PPS Sorry for offtopic, but do you plan some sales on BBD-4 Bundle? :)
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Hi, fourways

Yeah, the way to change gate length seemed not best.
As you say, "left click to toggle" + "right drag to change length" can be the best at this moment. I had thought "shift+drag" is better, but key input in Java needed some works and I wavered to do.

>switch near gate randomize button to not just randomize gates, but also gate lengths
It's good idea! Probably, putting a switch is better than adding buttons.

>main Clock In
To change BPM? Or, Step trigger for every row? Please let me know about this more.

Anyway I try to do.
Thanks for the comment and suggestions!

About BBD4 sale, currently I have no plan at least for this month. :)
fourways

Post by fourways »

marltetz wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:21 am Hi, fourways

Yeah, the way to change gate length seemed not best.
As you say, "left click to toggle" + "right drag to change length" can be the best at this moment. I had thought "shift+drag" is better, but key input in Java needed some works and I wavered to do.

>switch near gate randomize button to not just randomize gates, but also gate lengths
It's good idea! Probably, putting a switch is better than adding buttons.

>main Clock In
To change BPM? Or, Step trigger for every row? Please let me know about this more.

Anyway I try to do.
Thanks for the comment and suggestions!

About BBD4 sale, currently I have no plan at least for this month. :)
1. "Left click to toggle" + "right drag to change length" sounds good enough to me.

2. Gate length randomization via switch or button would be great.

3. Yes, to change BPM. I know that there is division knob, but it will be much more versatile if I have the ability to have separate clock for each row. Usually I have one clock module in the project and several clock dividers. So it will be very useful to quickly connect different clocks to different rows not changing division or any other options in Vari-Step. Basically what I'm asking is to add 1 clock input for each row
and one main clock input (because right now I can only sync by Host or manually enter BPM). It would highly widen the possibilities of Vari-Step, in my opinion.

Thank you for listening your customers. I think with some work it can be definitely best sequencer in the store :)
fourways

Post by fourways »

Just found another small bug. There is no C#1 note in quantized mode. After C1 goes D1 and not the C#1. Please fix :)
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

fourways wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 am I think with some work it can be definitely best sequencer in the store :)
With the addition of some probability for steps, yes definitely !
But otherwise it is very cleverly thought out !

Just bought it. Thank you , Marltetz !

こんなにステキなシーケンサーを作ってくれて本当にありがとうございます!
楽しみしています!m(_ _)m
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

fourways wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:16 pm Just found another small bug. There is no C#1 note in quantized mode. After C1 goes D1 and not the C#1. Please fix :)
It depends upon the voltage offset setting doesn't it. i thought it was a bug at first too, but maybe it's just because the initial voltage isn't set to 2v, but it was the first thing I noticed when I got the module weeks ago.
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
fourways

Post by fourways »

Ian Craig wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:53 am
fourways wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:16 pm Just found another small bug. There is no C#1 note in quantized mode. After C1 goes D1 and not the C#1. Please fix :)
It depends upon the voltage offset setting doesn't it. i thought it was a bug at first too, but maybe it's just because the initial voltage isn't set to 2v, but it was the first thing I noticed when I got the module weeks ago.
I think you're right, it happens when the range is 5V, but it's ok when I lower it to 2V :) Thanks!
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

>fourways
Thanks for the details!

I understand for "3." as below,
- This "Clock" works like a kind of Tap tempo things.
- Then, main "Clock in" will be ignored on the row which is receiving clock signal from their own clock in.
If I'm wrong, please correct me. :)

I think these updates may take longer time to implement compared to some bug-fixes. Please wait the time for the update.

>There is no C#1 note in quantized mode
Finer value change can be done with right click + drag.
Currently the value changes with "right click" (similar to left button). On next update, I will change that the value change on right mouse button will happen only on drag. As other tweaks, I will try on left mouse drag "moving 1 pixel for finer value change."
Narrowing output range is also a solution. Thanks Ian!

>xuoham
Wow, you're skilled in Japanese language. :D
ありがとうございます!
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

>probability for steps
I know probability setting on sequencers is fun and it's not impossible.
But for a limited space on a module... Maybe, putting switches to switch the function of the grid between CV and Probability is the only way.
I will try this, too.

Return to “Voltage Modular”