new users like documentation :)

schoekah

new users like documentation :)

Post by schoekah »

Hi Devs,

Just a reminder that new users like me probably are much more likely to buy something if we have a good idea what it does. Descriptions by themselves are good for experts, but noobs like me are more likely to spend money if there are at least a few demos, step-by-step tutorials, connection diagrams, youtube videos, sample patches, web pages, soundcloud samples, musical jams, quick guides, and manuals with pictures and arrows. I'd suggest what the DIY electronics company adafruit does, at https://learn.adafruit.com. When they come out with a new product, they have a tutorial on a web page ready to go, with lots of pictures and step-by-step instructions, and links to click for impulse purchasing.

Gotta say that I'm not buying new stuff now because I've got my hands full figuring out the old stuff, and it ain't easy with just descriptions adequate for people who don't need instructions anyhow.

Anyone that doesn't know how to do that stuff can take a look at OBS Studio for free desktop capture videos, edit those vids in Da Vinci editor for free. Or paint.NET for good free marking up of pictures with arrows and circles on Windows OS. I'd suggest a web page with a few marked up photos, links to your youtube page for rough-and ready video demos, and a link to soundcloud so we can taste your cooking. If you need a push in the right direction, shoot me a message. Best wishes!
ShoeHorn

Re: new users like documentation :)

Post by ShoeHorn »

Great point.

I'm fine with the basics, but get lost going any further. Presets are great, but following them is often impossible for newbies :shock:

It'd be great if we could have patch sheets like at http://www.modular-planet.de/modular-planet-survey.html
khapahk1956

Post by khapahk1956 »

Both of the above posts get my vote, and whole-hearted agreement. I would add that screenshots of module layouts for patches are OK, as long as the cable connections are opaque enough to be seen; sometimes they are just too faint to be seen.

Thanks, devs
seal58

Post by seal58 »

I also want to remind Cherry team, that there isn't a documention for manufacturer's site yet.
Function of some fields in product pages is not clear without explanation, like "name", "slug", "tagline".

Return to “Module Designer”